Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

Yes, forgot about fraps, thanks.  Did they remove functionality of the PrtScreen button or something?  I noticed even now in CMSF it doesn't work, and it used to, and it's not a Win 10 thing because my CM games are all on my desktop (Win 7).  Also, how do you take one without the text overlays in-game (i.e. 'Paused') or do you have to edit those out?

Yes, forgot about fraps, thanks.  Did they remove functionality of the PrtScreen button or something?  I noticed even now in CMSF it doesn't work, and it used to, and it's not a Win 10 thing because my CM games are all on my desktop (Win 7).  Also, how do you take one without the text overlays in-game (i.e. 'Paused') or do you have to edit those out?

PrtScrn hasn't worked since Windows 7 ( I skipped Vista so can't say for that ). I certainly remember using it to paste into Paint when I used XP.
Fraps is the default free workaround ( I use Irfanview to convert the bmp's to jpg/png as the free fraps only gives you bmp's )

Text overlay like Paused can be removed for screenshots by Shift-Esc :)

Edited by Baneman

PrtScrn hasn't worked since Windows 7 ( I skipped Vista so can't say for that ). I certainly remember using it to paste into Paint when I used XP.Fraps is the default free workaround ( I use Irfanview to convert the bmp's to jpg/png as the free fraps only gives you bmp's )

Text overlay like Paused can be removed for screenshots by Shift-Esc :)

That would make sense as I think I last played CMSF with XP.    I noticed that limitation with FRAPS.  Does that mean you use IRFan to take the screens as well?  Which of these programs (FRAPs, Bandicam, IRFan) is best for recording videos?  I seem to recall using FRAPS ages ago in CMBN and being unable to get it to record for more than 30secs.  Which of these is least resource-intensive?

I use the free version of FRAPS to take video of gameplay from various angles in a crude beginner manner and then use some other free program I dl'd to join them together into a longer video. Then I upload to my youtube channel. See link below.

So far it seems easy but I have another CD to do better more sophisticated editing and add in music or whatever. Take it to the next level and go for the Emmy! :D

I'm trying to drag and drop (or choose the files) screenshots into a message here but I keep getting an error that you're only allowed to upload 501.76KB?  The files are around 376KB.  What's going on?

Edit:  reloaded the page and now it works. Is it normal to have to do that each time?

Edited by aleader

Excellent!

Some useful hot keys: <alt>I turns off icons. <alt>J turns off the objectives, <alt>L turns off landmarks, <alt>H turns off hit text and <alt>T to turn trees on.

Thanks, forgot to do that.  Is there a daily size limit for uploading or something?  It would only allow me those screens and then said I only had 0.2MB remaining and I couldn't attach any more?  Also, how do you delete a post?  I know how to edit, but I wanted to remove one of those abrams posts and couldn't do it.

On another note, I'm attempting to record with Shadowplay in-game, but it doesn't seem to work.  Maybe it just doesn't work with CM games, but that would be odd.  I'll try it with ARMA 3 and see what happens.

Edited by aleader

You cannot delete a post. Sorry. The upload limit is not very high and it is a all time amount not daily. Many people upload to other services and then link them to posts. 

I don't know anything about shadow play.

I kinda figured that after I thought about it (the space limit).  I tried Shadowplay in ARMA 3 and it works really well.  Quite easy and nice videos.  Doesn't seem to work in CM though for some reason.