Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

Currahee150,

This is from an ongoing PBEM game so for OPSEC reasons I am reluctant to give away to much information.  However I decided the benefit on the Psyops side of the house (when my PBEM opponent reads this :P) would out way the OPSEC disadvantage.   :D 

No, the point blank shot from a T-90 did not penetrate.  It hit the ERA.  The crew is okay, however it did cause some major equipment damage.  But, in the below screenshot, if you notice the status of the 120mm main gun ................. ;)  The next turn should be interesting. 

M1%20UI_zpsuh6uramk.jpg

Kieme, really looking forward to your complete user interface mod.  This U/I screenshot would look so much cooler!

Extremely unlucky shot (from russian POV) .. Anywhere else and its toast. Did it fire a heat round ? US ERA shouldnt stop a sabot and where the  ERA is installed the armor behind it is too thin to resist a svinets-2 at point blank (easily 830mm + penetration ability). That point blank shot should be a kill on side hull  99% of the time with the round exiting on the other side. We just had a screenshot of an M1 double kill by a T-90 earlier on from about the same angle.

Edited by antaress73

About M1 resistance... I was saving this for something special:

23j048z.jpg

4 out of 6 precision shots from 152mm guns....

Don't ask me about the tank status, it wasn't mine. All I can tell is that it was immobilized after the event (at least 1 shot fell in front of it at close distance, prolly Killing the tracks) but still alive.

Now, I don't know how thick is the armor near that commander's port, or right on top of the gunner's system, or right on top of the CITV, but geesh.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

152mm precision rounds are unreliable at best against the M1. About 1 out of 6 rounds will penetrate and kill the tank. I saw some rounds penetrate  and some bounce on the same hit spot. Depends on the angle I guess. Direct hit 90 degrees,  most will penetrate. But sometimes the angle is just enough to add some LOS thickness and stop the round. So I guess  it must be able to barely penetrate the top armor under ideal circonstances Maybe the hatches and some spots are weak points too. Every polygon has an armor thickness rating.

Edited by antaress73

that was my t90 that hit the m1 the crew bailed and was machine gunned down after.. that was really tough to tra that m1 as you can see amother T90 on the other side of the house that i believe an M1 but cuda been at4 got. i only have one T90 left and a bradley just knocked out its main gun. strange battle. i doubt my infantry will last much longer in their dash into the village to hopefully rpg the remaining US armor and mg the troops. i did manage an unlikely m1 kill it was downward slope facong and a saxhorn got a top turret penetration. my two man portable kornets havent destroyed anything yet... my khrizanthemas the same. well actually wait i think a kornet did ko a mortar carrier. the khriz just had awful luck. both javelined.

152mm precision rounds are unreliable at best against the M1. About 1 out of 6 rounds will penetrate and kill the tank. I saw some rounds penetrate  and some bounce on the same hit spot. Depends on the angle I guess. Direct hit 90 degrees,  most will penetrate. But sometimes the angle is just enough to add some LOS thickness and stop the round. So I guess  it must be able to barely penetrate the top armor under ideal circonstances Maybe the hatches and some spots are weak points too. Every polygon has an armor thickness rating.

To be fair antares my experience with that has been the exact opposite. I think every 152mm strike I have ordered on an M1 has managed to mission kill the vehicle.

When I was referring to the APFSDS or HEAT I was referring to the point blank side shot in the images MOS posted.

When I was referring to the APFSDS or HEAT I was referring to the point blank side shot in the images MOS posted.

That was Sublime's T-90 so I don't know what round was used in the point blank shot.  Only the results ....... :D okay, okay, I'll stop.  :)  If Sublime reads this maybe he will tell us.  Of course he may be having difficulty typing........ I think he injured his hand when he rage punched the wall after the playback ........... :D  Okay..okay ..... seriously...... I will shut up now..... :lol: ................

I dunno...I've found the AT-4 pretty darn useful. Yeah, it may take a few shots to kill that T-90, but it's an excellent close quaters AT weapon in my experience.

True enough :)  my AT-4 experiences versus armor were literally just "Shoot that T-62... oh God ok it hit ERA, shoot again... oh God, ERA... OUR WEAPONS ARE USELESS CALL THE COBRAS!" :P

no there literally is a hole in the wall next to my comp. ill opem the save when i get bored tonight. if anyone has a cmp that lpads scenarios FAST pm me and ill send save. cuz it takes several minutes for mine. 99% it was the sabot my T90AMS always fire that against mbts. even with heat i dont buy it that wudnt hace been a kill. whatever one in a million.

To be fair antares my experience with that has been the exact opposite. I think every 152mm strike I have ordered on an M1 has managed to mission kill the vehicle.

Oh it does mission kill the tank by messing most subsystems when using strikes of three shells, but hard kills are rarer. I use 6 shells strikes now on them. Set them on fire 60% of the time  :D

Edited by antaress73

no there literally is a hole in the wall next to my comp. ill opem the save when i get bored tonight. if anyone has a cmp that lpads scenarios FAST pm me and ill send save. cuz it takes several minutes for mine. 99% it was the sabot my T90AMS always fire that against mbts. even with heat i dont buy it that wudnt hace been a kill. whatever one in a million.

Neither do I really. HEAT maybe, but sabot, not at that range. Unless the round actually left the barrel then took a magic trajectory into a redundant part of nowhere.

the guy im playin just has a horseshoe up his @ss he got a front lower hull penetration and kill with a Bmp 3 on an m1 from the front...

Kiemal no I meant his Bmp killed the M1!!

edit: ok verified by opponent said m1 was hit by BMP but also multiple weapons system and an unknown one got the kill. obviously a tank...

Edited by Sublime

ATGM ambush! Two corsar teams at 1000m:

4t24wk.jpg

This damage was caused by an RPG shot, it destroyed the gun:

2yzlnkk.jpg

An RPG-7VR rocket was used to destroy this tank, the slat armor absorbed the first shaped charge but the main one managed to reach the engine compartment and cause a catastrophic explosion:

1zb6k3c.jpg

It took about 3 RPG teams, a dozen or so rockets to destroy this APS equipped T-90AM. All first shots were intercepted by the APS at a range from 100 to 50 meters. Then, the APS must have run out of charges, because the ERA blocks started absorbing hits, on the turret and front hull. A shot reached the exposed gun mantlet but didn't manage to penetrate, a shot destroyed the gun, another one a track. Finally, a brave RPG team flanked the tank and took a good shot.

Edited by Kieme(ITA)