Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

The "hit, top turret" message corresponds to a sub-system damage or destruction. The hit message does not tell you which and how much of a subsystem is damaged. It's a non-penetration because the shot got absorbed by a sub-system (and represents the possibility that the shot exploded right on top of something, for example the targeting system or the missile launcher). 

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

OK I just tried it. A chain of ingla launchers can share along the chain. Saves and screens will have to wait for tomorrow but it works like this. If everyone is chained along and they all fire their first missiles the first guy will have access to 4 missiles the next will have access to 3 the one after 2 etc.

OK here are the pictures to show how this worked.  I forgot this was on the picture thread - good thing I have pictures then :)

The setup is I have an air defence platoon with two BMPs stripped out. They have one vehicle for resupply just to keep it simple (that one BMP has four extra missiles, each of the teams have one missile each to go with their launcher).  I set the launchers up in a long chain from the vehicle.  Also on the board were various other AFVs and tanks placed far away form these guys and the US side had to to FOs and five air assets that were ordered to target the other AFVs and tanks away from the air defence platoon's location.

post-68949-0-32806700-1433452536.jpg

It did not take long before they were chewing through their ammo...

post-68949-0-90761100-1433452536.jpg

And I even started to get nervous when I started seeing these noticed popup that there might not be any reason to use the spare ammo...

post-68949-0-35806600-1433452537.jpg

post-68949-0-90282100-1433452537.jpg

OK now that the teams have all fired off their missiles there are only four left in the vehicle.  Pretty quickly this is how things look.

Two left in the vehicle

post-68949-0-46728800-1433452538.jpg

The team nearest to the vehicle now has one missile and access to a total of three.  The vehicle has two and the team has one.  So access to three total (but actually that is a bit odd really because the next team over also has one missile so shouldn't this guy have access to four?).  

post-68949-0-78211200-1433452538.jpg

The next SAM team has one missile and access to two. This makes sense he has one and his neighbour has one so he could access two.

post-68949-0-07220700-1433452539.jpg

The thrid team in the chain does not have a missile but as access to one.  Again that works because the next further guy has nothing and the next closer guy (above) has one missile so this guy has access to one.

post-68949-0-36445900-1433452539.jpg

The fourth team out has no missiles and no access to any either.  Again that works (none of the other teams further away have any missiles or any access either).

post-68949-0-65549400-1433452539.jpg

post-68949-0-32806700-1433452536_thumb.j

post-68949-0-90761100-1433452536_thumb.j

post-68949-0-35806600-1433452537_thumb.j

post-68949-0-90282100-1433452537_thumb.j

post-68949-0-46728800-1433452538_thumb.j

post-68949-0-78211200-1433452538_thumb.j

post-68949-0-07220700-1433452539_thumb.j

post-68949-0-36445900-1433452539_thumb.j

post-68949-0-65549400-1433452539_thumb.j

A little time has passed - do they pass missiles down the chain.  Well actually they do.  Pretty cool!

The BMP now has no missiles - they have been passed along.

post-68949-0-00587900-1433453842.jpg

Oops I messed up and took the next screen shots after one more missile was fired - rats.

The first team next to the BMP has a missile and access to three.  This actually works because you can see the third team away from the BMP was actually positioned too close to the second team out so he is actually in sharing distance for the first team too.  Hence access to three missiles.

post-68949-0-31804400-1433453842.jpg

The second team away from the BMP also has a missile and access to two.  Wait that's not right he has a missile and his neighbours on either side to do so shouldn't he have access to three then?

post-68949-0-66175400-1433453842.jpg

The third guy away from the BMP has the third missile and access to two - which again makes sense since his neighbour has one as well.  Well not quite because if I am right about why the first guy has access to three (due to being close to two other teams) then this guy should be in the same boat. 

post-68949-0-96356500-1433453842.jpg

I also forgot to take a screen shot of the next them but he's got nothing.  The four missiles from the BMP were passed down the chain and one got fired so now the three remaining missiles in the platoon are distributed one each to the first three teams nearest the BMP.

There does seem to be a bit of funny business in a couple of places but no missiles are unaccounted for.  It seems that count of what is close buy is not quite right.  Could even bee that I paused it as the items were in motion and the UI had not been updated yet.  Or it could be a bug - but since the actual missile count is correct I'm not going to fuss about it.

What I am not clear about is what happens when the guy on the end who has no actual missile but has access to the one next door sees a target.  Does he get the missile right out of the launcher from the guy next to him? I don't know because in this test the guy next to him pretty much spots the aircraft at the same time.  To test that some creative terrain would have to be created to give the guy without a missile in his launcher better sight lines but still have sharing access to this neighbour.  Sorry I'm not going that far.

post-68949-0-00587900-1433453842_thumb.j

post-68949-0-31804400-1433453842_thumb.j

post-68949-0-66175400-1433453842_thumb.j

post-68949-0-96356500-1433453842_thumb.j

A little time has passed - do they pass missiles down the chain.  Well actually they do.  Pretty cool!

Great job IanL! And really cool findings. This could be more tactically relevant than it looks at first. If this works with all troops capable of sharing ammo, this works with ATGMs too! Which means you could for example also setup a line of Javelin launchers directly connected to an ammo source.

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that one doesn't need to use the Acquire command to retrieve missiles from the BMP?

You dont need to acquire missiles from a vehicle with your units are within 2 action spots of the vehicle. Only if you want your units to take the missiles "for a walk" they have to acquire them.

You dont need to acquire missiles from a vehicle with your units are within 2 action spots of the vehicle. Only if you want your units to take the missiles "for a walk" they have to acquire them.

I had no idea! This is true uniquely for missiles, or other ammo as well? RPGs?

This is the standard ammo sharing with in platoon formations.  Members from outside the platoon will not take part.  All ammo types should work.  This kind of ammo sharing is usually by the single missile or magazine or belt depending on the weapon that the guy asking for ammo is using.

So if you unit is from outside of the platoon in question you have to use the acquire command.  If you want to take the ordnance away from the vehicle then you need to acquire if first.  A note on that acquiring: the guys in this test did take a missile from the BMP and they could then walk away from the vehicle with that missile.  If you did the same thing with an MG crew they would take a single belt or mag or box which likely is not really enough but that single belt, mag or box is theirs to keep too just like the single missile.

This is the standard ammo sharing with in platoon formations.  Members from outside the platoon will not take part.  All ammo types should work.  This kind of ammo sharing is usually by the single missile or magazine or belt depending on the weapon that the guy asking for ammo is using.

So if you unit is from outside of the platoon in question you have to use the acquire command.  If you want to take the ordnance away from the vehicle then you need to acquire if first.  A note on that acquiring: the guys in this test did take a missile from the BMP and they could then walk away from the vehicle with that missile.  If you did the same thing with an MG crew they would take a single belt or mag or box which likely is not really enough but that single belt, mag or box is theirs to keep too just like the single missile.

Thanks, Ian, that's really helpful!

Things are not going well for my Russian tankers.  On each side of the main road they are getting beaten back by M1 platoons.  At one point there is so much smoke no one can see each other.  Then one of my T90 crews spots an M1 making a fast flanking move and they are able to take advantage (action starts at the 30s mark):

Hopefully that will slow them down a little.

Things are not going well for my Russian tankers.  On each side of the main road they are getting beaten back by M1 platoons.  At one point there is so much smoke no one can see each other.  Then one of my T90 crews spots an M1 making a fast flanking move and they are able to take advantage (action starts at the 30s mark):

Hopefully that will slow them down a little.

Nice shot.  Apparently ERA or APS (whatever the M1 had) did not help.  I wonder if the M1 got a laser warning.  Well, good luck with the remaining M1s......... :)     

Edited by MOS:96B2P

Has anyone of you ever bought a Ukrainian towed anti-tank gun battery in a QB? It' s not that bad! It defeats ERA and APS and it' s cheap compared to an MBT, the only other unit in CMBS equipped with an AT gun.

Has anyone of you ever bought a Ukrainian towed anti-tank gun battery in a QB? It' s not that bad! It defeats ERA and APS and it' s cheap compared to an MBT, the only other unit in CMBS equipped with an AT gun.

That was nasty ambush for Russians. Are they BMP-2M? Anyway, that was great shot, and reminds me of WW2 German 88mm and Pak 75mm (I'm also having fun in CC:GC and CC:PF with those guns :)

Edited by exsonic01

Nice shooting. Only the UKR gun comes with AT ammo; the RUS one is used solely as artillery, isn't that right? 

Are they BMP-2M?

Yeah, they are BMP-2Ms, but the Ukrainian AT gun is also effective against BMP-3Ms with ERA & APS. In my experience it even reliaby penetrates the T-90s lower hull side armor at ranges up to about 800 meters. Its main advantage though is IMO that it' s so cheap. I cant remember the hard numbers right now, but IIRC you get a 6 gun battery for about the price of a single BM Oplot APS. Of course if you are playing a small scenario you should take the Oplot, but if you are going for a company sized mix of tanks and infantry, it might be a good idea to buy one Oplot less and go for a battery of AT guns instead. As i said, they defeat ERA and APS, which makes them a useful tool against the more modern Russian vehicles.

Edited by agusto