Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

Part Thirteen + AAR:

The final video in the Combat Mission: Black Sea "Hold The Line!" series, plus a detailed AAR!

With the arrival of our Ukrainian allies the beleaguered US forces manage to push the Soviet forces into surrendering and secure a "Major Victory" end of mission result.  The cost in lives is too much for the Red Army to bear while the NATO forces sustain fairly light casualties given what they were up against.

From an ongoing scenario...

Meet Captain Maksym Kyrychenko. The remnants of his tattered line company are attempting to strongpoint a series of forested hillocks outside of Stara Basan. Attrited by the devil's luck slugging of RUS attack helicopters and SPA, his men inhabit the fringe between despondency and the need for retribution. In these images, Kyrychenko's BTR-70K and his attached US liason team pull their vehicles off the road as the battalion net spits and hums: local air defense warning - attack imminent.

16488318042_61da198f31_o.png

As the LADW comes down the line a UKR mech platoon relocates their mix of vehicles under the canopy in an effort to conceal themselves. In the bottom image, a UKR soldier reacts to the thump of rotor blades and the stacatto reply of small arms in the distance while frantically offloading ammunition from his squad's IFV. The platoon's sister company is being consumed. The Bear is coming.

16303032679_63abc81a14_o.png

800 meters north of the UKR FEBA a pair of BRM-3K's push hard into their next position and disgorge their recon teams.  The shock and violence of their supporting arms and the recon company's own resolute pace of manuever has fractured the UKR lines throughout their area of operations. The ineffectual response of UKR counter battery fire and the flickering resistance offered by opposing ground forces affords testimony to their sobering efficiency.

16303033249_d70c4ed504_o.png

Elsewhere, the command element of the RUS assault recon company sends its dismounts forward for a last minute appraisal of the line of advance.  Jointly, the cramped interior of the pictured BMP-3M thrums with activity as the platoon CO and his attached air controller labor to synthesize the encrypted traffic from their forwardmost units and the live video stream from a skyward Zala UAV. A pair of inbound Mi-28N attack helicopters skirting the treetops will herald the company's entrance onto the battlefield.

16488318782_a5622b8e24_o.png

What are your system specs for these shots?  Just curious as I'm upgrading my entire system in the near future.

Na Vaske,

Interesting to see a Russian playing as a Ukrainian. Your formidable Tank Serzhant Popova (extra points for use of patronymic) brings to mind this singularly apt classic Queen vid. Pay attention to the lyrics at 0:32, and you'll understand why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAf2S6ij2gk

Reiter,

The piece of art at the bottom of your #63 depicts, I believe, depicts Death, who's clearly German, playing away over the corpse of (shot by a German firing squad) British nurse Edith Cavell, indicated by both the nurse outfit and the draped British flag. Years ago, and I forget where, I got to see a bunch of WW I propaganda drawings. This one's pretty tame compared to those, such as the one of the bestial German soldier with a baby spitted on his bayonet. this was the result of lurid (false) stories emerging from Belgium.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Here's my first attempt at a video AAR. The voice isn't fantastic (hopefully fixed for the future) and its a quick battle against the AI so this could seen as a training exercise in more than one sense. Here's all the action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oRNHcjmIaA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvYEWHQ0lEM

Hapless,

Welcome aboard!

Looks like you're something of a student of the Samurai, for unless my eyes betray me (they can be treacherous), that is a mon you're using as an avatar. 

apd1004,

Speak English, please. (grumbles and goes and looks up the blasted designator, then screams) Just when I had learned the confounded thing via the missile designator, you come up with the launch platform instead! I thought it might be, and my hunch was right. Here's an excellent vid of what appear to be two different versions of Krizantema. Is one a prototype and the other the production model?

animalshadow,

Tunkguska rocks, and I thought the Shturm-S was a weird rendering of Krizantema.

Kraft,

They keep telling us every moment on this Earth is precious, hope he made the most of his last ones.

Regards,

John Kettler

Thanks John, its great to be here. However, that's no mon... its a space station *groan*. As for the Japanese I know next to nothing, although I'm happy to be somewhere where people are much less likely to assume I'm talking about the ill-fated sequel to the Manchurian Candidate when I mention the Manchurian Campaign. Seriously though, can confirm that Womble is correct and I'm a Yorkshireman.

Thanks John, its great to be here. However, that's no mon... its a space station *groan*. As for the Japanese I know next to nothing, although I'm happy to be somewhere where people are much less likely to assume I'm talking about the ill-fated sequel to the Manchurian Candidate when I mention the Manchurian Campaign. Seriously though, can confirm that Womble is correct and I'm a Yorkshireman.

A pox on the house of york!

;) just kidding gent, welcome aboard.