Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

What weird AI behavior since 7:01 ? Russians lay under heavy fire on the open space, but instead to crawl or run away in more safe place, they still make this odd "embryo pose" under shower of bullets on the road! Possibly for AI "supressed" is equal to "paralized in fear" ? But in such situation voice of instinct of self-preservation would be much lauder than voice of fear 

I suspect you might interpet the terrain graphics to litteraly. Flat in game might still mean there are small undulations, like very shallow ditches along roads etc.

I suspect you might interpet the terrain graphics to litteraly. Flat in game might still mean there are small undulations, like very shallow ditches along roads etc.

Hm... I see just soldirs which lay on the dirt road. I think, any soldier which found himself under so intensive fire, naturally will be seek more safe place, but doesn't hope on protection of small undulations. 

Edited by Haiduk

If he's not being hit where he is, he's in a better place than if he stands up. Once you get caught in the middle of a road by automatic fire, you're probably not going to get out unscathed without help from some friends putting the hurt on your suppressors, so really it matters little whether your pTruppen die where they lie, or as they stand up to run away.

Yes, but if you will continue to lay on the road, sooner or later you will be hit. And for what to stand up and run if one may to crawl or roll away? In CM1 units in this case were mostly more adequate - if they encounter strong small arms fire, they fell prone and crawled to more protected area if stay under fire was unable for long time. If they paniced, they just run away and often suffered big losses. Of course, CM1 AI also often have odd pathfinding and vision what location is more safer in this cases, but it will be not so passive. 

It looks to me like those 2 are on the edge of the road, ie they could very well have a certain amount of protection from a shallow ditch or similar. And by the looks of things there are no better protection (building, stonewall etc) nearby to run/crawl to anyway and they are not taking casultys from incomming fire so why get up and make yourself a better target then if you have at least some protection/concealment where you are? They need friendly supressive fire to "un-****" that situation.

By the by, the fetal position animation is representing "taking cover" iirc.

Shootinggalley.jpg

Edited by TJT

Yes, but if you will continue to lay on the road, sooner or later you will be hit. And for what to stand up and run if one may to crawl or roll away? In CM1 units in this case were mostly more adequate - if they encounter strong small arms fire, they fell prone and crawled to more protected area if stay under fire was unable for long time. If they paniced, they just run away and often suffered big losses. Of course, CM1 AI also often have odd pathfinding and vision what location is more safer in this cases, but it will be not so passive. 

La la la. I'm not listening to comparisons with CM1. Different games. Different engines. Different abstraction levels. Not comparable. In the end, all that matters that your troops caught in the open are boned. Whether they die where they cower, or die when they stand up to run off, it does. Not. Matter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...