Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

ive gotta admit you.re putting up better fight than i expected with your stryker unit. though its obvious how its gonna end my force is gonna be near crippled after crushing you

What am I, the bastard step child? Gawd flaunting your other battle while my incoming file is as dry as Californian reservoirs

• 4 weeks later...

Playing the Rolling Thunder scenario from the demo. My Bradley moves up from a flanking mission which have already seen one BMP-3 blown to bits when suddenly, at the start of a turn, a concealed Tonguska opens up with it's 30mm's, the Bradley doesnt spot it before being hit and the rounds immidiatly takes out it's optics and what not and combined with the smoke from the impact the crew of the Bradley never spots the Tonguska at all! The result is that for one ENTIRE turn the Bradley just sits there, getting showered with 30mm shells eventually taking out every single component, the next turn I order it to reverse out of harms way, it succedes but continues to get hit during the first half of the turn before reaching cover. In the end this Bradley have endured one and a half turns of continuous Tonguska fire, suffering what must be a couple of hundred hits...BUT NOT ONE SINGLE PENENTRATION! How that is possible I do not know, I never thought the front armor of the Bradley to be this strong  :lol:

11046879_10207106782765187_7686680672364

Playing the Rolling Thunder scenario from the demo. My Bradley moves up from a flanking mission which have already seen one BMP-3 blown to bits when suddenly, at the start of a turn, a concealed Tonguska opens up with it's 30mm's, the Bradley doesnt spot it before being hit and the rounds immidiatly takes out it's optics and what not and combined with the smoke from the impact the crew of the Bradley never spots the Tonguska at all! The result is that for one ENTIRE turn the Bradley just sits there, getting showered with 30mm shells eventually taking out every single component, the next turn I order it to reverse out of harms way, it succedes but continues to get hit during the first half of the turn before reaching cover. In the end this Bradley have endured one and a half turns of continuous Tonguska fire, suffering what must be a couple of hundred hits...BUT NOT ONE SINGLE PENENTRATION! How that is possible I do not know, I never thought the front armor of the Bradley to be this strong  :lol:

Nice screenshot.  I am a little surprised the Bradley didn't Pop smoke and reverse out of there on it's own.  I don't think I have ever seen a vehicle with all red damage indicators.  Time for the repair shop.  (Probably state side)   

Nice screenshot.  I am a little surprised the Bradley didn't Pop smoke and reverse out of there on it's own.  I don't think I have ever seen a vehicle with all red damage indicators.  Time for the repair shop.  (Probably state side)   

Maybe the smoke dischargers were early casualties to the hail of 30mm?

I think it used up all it's smoke grenades, it received a ton of laser warnings when I tried to get it in a good position earlier in the game, but the smoke dispensers might simply also have been taken out by the first volley. 

The frontal armor on an M2A3 is almost as thick as a Sherman. With reactive armor tiles installed, it's almost as thick as a Panthers.

I had absolutly no idea  :o I knew it was more heavily armored than, say, a BMP-2, but that well armored? And it's probably safe to asume that the ammo loadout of the Tonguska mostly consists of HE-I rounds compared to the APFSDS rounds carried in most IFV's for anti-armor work, so that would explain how the Bradley survived. Is it realistic that none of the reactive armor blocks went off? I mean they individually disappear from the model when they explode, right? It said "Hit: Reactive Armor" a couple of times I asumed that meant that the ERA-block would explode, but that didnt happen.

Edited by Andreas3