BFC did well out of me today!

Cpl Steiner

I did the refresh monkey thing earlier today and was disappointed to see that Black Sea was not yet released, so in my frustration I bought the Market Garden expansion for CM:BN. That will keep me busy whilst I wait for Back Sea, I thought. I then refreshed again just now and discovered Black Sea was out! I immediately bought it and started downloading (currently at 2.0/5.0 GB). Never mind, I guess Market Garden will just have to wait!

Cpl Steiner,

And here you got us all worked up. What a letdown! I was expecting to read you bought 16 copies of CMBS for all your super deserving friends--as well as some not terribly bright enemies you hope to drive mad trying to learn to play and who'll make excellent target drones if they do. Sure hope Steve forgives you! He was really counting on your purchase so he could purchase the newly discovered Tongan tapa cloth cammie tutu, worn only in the 3852nd Morale Battalion (Ballet) for two weeks before the Ministry of Supply ordered a changeover to white organza, triggering large scale unit turnover. As for refresh monkey hijinks, I didn't. After seeing ChrisND's attention getter pic, I went and looked for the "It's here!" notice in my E-mail, which was actually working for a change, clicked the link, and it was off to the races from there.  

sburke,

Excellent jape. Waiting for an MG purchase to finish indeed. Who knew Cpl Steiner had such clout?

Regards,

John Kettler 

P.S.

Cpl Steiner, It occurs to me that if CMBS did well out of you today, then it was already in you. Which means you really have clout, for while we have to make do with a digital DL, you have a more elegant fluidic DL. By the time that's available to us mere mortals, who knows what DL mode you might have?! 

Edited by John Kettler

pnzrldr,

I said I'd downloaded, but I said nothing about unpacking or installing it, let alone playing it. Please see my tale of extreme, maybe irrecoverable, software own goal here in my #3. Until I get it sorted out--if it can be--I'm not about to install the Precioussss, lest it wind up inaccessible or lost forever!

Also, I find sburke's logic unassailable. Not everyone has succeeded with the DL, and riot is imminent. Please give the sorely TDD (Turn Deficit Disorder, not to be confused with Target Detection Device) afflicted the solace, the benison, only your new turn descriptions, battle prose and pics can provide. 

Regards,

John Kettler

pnzrldr,

It helps to have a Mac Power User as a longtime friend. The Applications issue has not only been sorted out, but after abandoning me for a time and subjecting me to terror and travails, the cyber gods have granted me a mysterious boon. Applications now open immediately with a single click, including CMBN, which lives in a folder and has had to be coaxed to come out and play. Now it's one click into the folder and another to start the game. And oh what a game. I took a few minutes to screw around in a QB, only to lose half my force in about 30 seconds. 25 mm enema for my hapless BMP-3s caught looking the wrong direction, and a M893A4 mauling for one of my T-90s, which died but didn't blow up. Some Abrams were running and gunning up a road on a hill, apparently dashing to/behind tree cover, but I hit one hard amid his LWRs going off and lots of smoke appearing. Difficulty was at Training Level, and in two turns my force is practically half gone! PTSD--and beyond--here I come.

Regards,

John Kettler 

Edited by John Kettler