down load speeds 100kb/s

Mastiff

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, and there are a lot of links between an individual and a download image. Just today I had a file download (from a large file sharing service) fail 3 times, each time telling me my file downloaded successfully when in reality it was only partially downloaded. I'm going to try switching browsers or even computers later on tonight to try and work around the problem. Generally I don't have problems like this, but each service is specific and the results therefore can vary.

Steve

I tried switching computers too and still had the same problem. The problem seems to start somewhere between my router and Battlefront. 

i switched computers, browser and connection (was in ADSL, tried Wi-Fi and even tried at one friend's home) always same problem...

will patiently wait for the disk as i preordered.

Hope BF will think of another way of distribution for their next works.

That's all for night and day sadness since launch for me.

21 hours and 4,1G downloaded until crash. Again. Enough of this.

edit: a ticket sent

yep, very happy for the guys who succeed in having the game.

sent ticket, got alternative DL, wich DL relatively good, was very happy BUT unpacking it got a "CRC error", so trying to redownload again (lost the numbers of my try but more than 100).

Indeed Steve was sad that some peoples focused on the DL problem than on the rest of the work done, but have to say the DL process is all i see since 3 days and nights.

Never again.

[edit] second DL, same error :angry:  

Edited by kendar

Why aren't the files offered as torrent?

As someone with a limited bandwidth of 20 GB/month I am very scared of that problem. I am considering to buy the Normandy big bundle but with a download size of 9 GB I can't afford a corrupted or broken download.

Edited by Skinfaxi

Sorry to hear you have problems kendar, hope you manage to solve them soon.

thx Hister, i'm in very bad mood now and stop posting about this cause i will be in rage soon.

I uninstall all BF games and play something else for ever

[edit] CMBS key to sell now, as no refund is ever possible here

Edited by kendar

Why aren't the files offered as torrent?

As someone with a limited bandwidth of 20 GB/month I am very scared of that problem. I am considering to buy the Normandy big bundle but with a download size of 9 GB I can't afford a corrupted or broken download.

I understand your concern as I also have a 20 GB monthly download limit.  I am having a "segmented" version created for people who want to try several small downloads instead of one big one.  Go to the Help Desk and file a Ticket.  Ask for the "segmented" version and as soon as it is available links will be sent to you.

thx Hister, i'm in very bad mood now and stop posting about this cause i will be in rage soon.

I uninstall all BF games and play something else for ever

[edit] CMBS key to sell now, as no refund is ever possible here

I sorry you are having such a bad time with this.  For sure it doesn't make anybody happy.

Your download that had the CRC error.  Have you tried a different program to uncompress it?  Sometimes WinRAR doesn't work very well, and WinZIP works better.

Steve

I gave up for the night. Was only getting 100k/s download speed, would have taken over 10 hours to download. Tested my FIOS internet connection speed and was getting 30m/s so it must be a sharefile problem. I'll try again tomorrow.

I don't think it is Sharefile per se.  We have plenty of people in your area downloading at full speed without any problems.  There must be something between you and Sharefile that isn't happy with Sharefile for some reason.  Remember, while everything eventually comes to your FIOS provider, things are coming from all over the place.  Which means you can have fantastic speed between A and B, but not A and C.  

Steve

Update!

It appears some of the people having download issues are getting nailed by a Citrix problem.  I just got off the phone with them and they have been working on an unknown latency problem for the last few days.  They haven not identified it yet, unreliable speed and integrity are the symptoms.  However, for some of you the problem appears to be more-or-less standard issues which people run into even when Citrix is running perfectly.  Unfortunately, there's no way to sort out which is which.

The advice they gave me is similar to the advice we've been giving out:

1.  Try multiple times

2.  If you have access to a different ISP, try that

This is on top of the usual advice we give, which is to not use a download helper, switch browsers, and contact our Help Desk if the problem persists.  The link we're providing is also on Citrix' servers, but having a different link may be enough to slip by whatever is causing the problem.  It's helped quite a few people who have been stuck so far.

Unfortunately, we have to wait for them to fix the problem.  It could be hours, it could be days.  There is no way to tell.  Since Citrix is a S&P Fortune 500 company, they will want to get this fixed before it hits the media and their stock takes a hit.

Steve

Sorry to hear you have problems kendar, hope you manage to solve them soon. My download went at my full bandwidth capacity (950 kbs) and I had no problem installing the game and activating it. Worked as it was meant to, thanx god for that.  

Yeah, go ahead. Rub it in. (7 hours 47 minutes to go at 65 kb/s) 

I hope that Citrix's every CEO's wives get their periods this instant. :angry:

I understand your concern as I also have a 20 GB monthly download limit.  I am having a "segmented" version created for people who want to try several small downloads instead of one big one.  Go to the Help Desk and file a Ticket.  Ask for the "segmented" version and as soon as it is available links will be sent to you.

That's great to hear. Tx. Purchase has again become more probable.

Why would anyone have a 20Gb download limit this day and age?

It is the grim reality of many areas in the world. You have download limits and you can only choose between the limit size. Many developed countries have such system which is quite a bummer especially knowing some less developed countries surpass them with internet accessibility and quality.