down load speeds 100kb/s

Mastiff

Yeah I read that too about the download manager. I have tried both with and without. As far as the UPS, the power is not even the main problem, it is just an extra headache, as sofar even downloads have failed randomly without power being a player. It is just so frustrating that there is no way to resume it as I estimate I have downloaded about 15 gigabytes by now, just never the full 5.5 in one sitting.

I'm going to try again now. Wish me luck.

I know some of you are still having problems, but remember that this thread is here for those who are having problems and therefore reading this it is easy to think there's widespread speed and reliability issues (even though many people are posting successes here as well). I know how many people have purchased and I can say for sure that the number posting here with problems is a very small percentage. As in less than a single percentage point of units sold. Which means, the chances are great that if you haven't purchased yet you won't have any significant negative issues. I know that's not very comforting for those who are having problems, but I think it is important to mention so we can keep everything in proper perspective.

Steve.

Rubbish, its Monday afternoon here (Australia) being trying since Saturday morning but no go......and I payed money for this.......have they mailed the CD's yet? Because if I am going to wait to download and play the game ..well good luck with that....

Hi Costas

Sorry to hear about your problems.  I am located in Perth.  I downloaded the game at 10am Perth time on Saturday.  It took 2 hrs 27 mins without any problems - and I am not on the NBN - just standard iinet broadband.

Hope you have more luck today!

All I can say is it isn't on our end per se. The game is available on servers all over the world and there's no problem with bandwidth either. Very, very few customers are having issues. Even the complaints being lodged in this thread have dropped off dramatically in the last 2 days, and yet daily sales have remained steadily high. No comfort for those having problems, but it does indicate that theoretically there should be something you can do to work around the problem. Problem is, we have no idea what that something might be since it's going to be situationally specific.

Best thing to do is try different browsers, do NOT use a download helper program, and if possible use a different computer for the download itself.

Steve

I second to make sure that you are not using a download helper. That has caused installation issues with me before (the file headers got corrupted). I use vanilla Firefox and usually my BF game downloads take from 20-30 minutes. Out of 5+ I've actually never had one crap out on me.

I'm in Asia.

failure - BF blocking my access to the home page, I bought the game on the phone, now I'm trying to download CMBS using a proxy server, but it can not be; ((get a file called ... file. which weighs 1.5mb)

Home BF is the only one in the net to which I can not enter (my people also have the same problem)

I do not want advice on the type of "change IP" it with your security is a problem, not with my IP

Edited by waclaw

60 hours

30gb+ downloaded in failed attempts

My most consistent problem appears to be the download stops after 7-8 hours (75-80% of file downloaded).

This makes me wonder if Amazon Cloud has a timer on downloads. When you reach a certain point, it decides you are taking too long and drops the connection. 

Yes I have tried different browsers.

No, I am not using a download manager.

It thus appears that Amazon Cloud is sadly incompatible with me.

It also means, with Battlefronts 'mega installer' philosophy - which I applaud by the way - that I will have problems in the future.

I understand I am in the minority with this problem, and conclude that until some time in the future when myself and Battlefront become technologically compatible again I can no longer purchase their products.

The word 'refund' is now firmly on my mind and a request will be sent through official channels asap.

Edited by Gumboots

Finland, monday afternoon and the download speed doesn't exceed 65 kb/s as it didn't yesterday either (100 Mb/s connection). I was initially using Firefox but changing into IE isn't showing any improvement. I'll give this one more shot but if this download gets aborted again, I'll try again in a week.

Hmmm... I wonder if BFC could have an option (after filing a help desk request or verifying a license) to download it in discrete "chunks"?

Say, 10 different files of 500Mb? I have no idea if an approach like that would help.

Alternatively, mailing a disk?

It doesn't matter to the few folks with these problems that it is not widespread.

All I can say is it isn't on our end per se. The game is available on servers all over the world and there's no problem with bandwidth either. Very, very few customers are having issues. Even the complaints being lodged in this thread have dropped off dramatically in the last 2 days, and yet daily sales have remained steadily high. No comfort for those having problems, but it does indicate that theoretically there should be something you can do to work around the problem. Problem is, we have no idea what that something might be since it's going to be situationally specific.

Best thing to do is try different browsers, do NOT use a download helper program, and if possible use a different computer for the download itself.

Steve

Well, the download speed is pretty unstable. It changes between 300 and 1000 KB/s. It has been like that since release (if not longer). Such an unstable connection could explain why people are getting corrupt downloads and downloads that suddenly stop. I'd go ask the file sharing provider (Citrix Sharefile?) what's up and why their servers are acting up like that.

As other people have suggested, you can also provide an alternative download with a bunch of smaller files as a temporary solution.

Edited by BlackAlpha

I had this same exact problem downloading CMMG last month, and it started again when I tried to download CMFI. I plan on giving my ISP a call since from what i've heard Time Warner won't install software updates without a customer prompt.

However this topic sounds way too familiar. 

I've also been unable to download the Rise of Flight client for the same reason. 

Link to the topic I initially brought the issue up in. 

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/117272-unable-to-download-cmbn-30/

I tried switching browsers, moving the download folder, shutting off my firewall, etc. I had a successful download after like, my 15th attempt but it turns out I only got lucky. An attempt to download a new CMFI client fails for the same reasons, and if the download completes the Unzip reports it's corrupt and can't install. This happened on more than one (of my few successful) downloads. 

I had this same exact problem downloading CMMG last month, and it started again when I tried to download CMFI. I plan on giving my ISP a call since from what i've heard Time Warner won't install software updates without a customer prompt.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, and there are a lot of links between an individual and a download image. Just today I had a file download (from a large file sharing service) fail 3 times, each time telling me my file downloaded successfully when in reality it was only partially downloaded. I'm going to try switching browsers or even computers later on tonight to try and work around the problem. Generally I don't have problems like this, but each service is specific and the results therefore can vary.

Steve

Remember last time I said I was giving up? Well I tried one more overnight and it failed again. Frustrated, I suddenly realized I have 10 gigabytes of webspace from my home ISP, so I had my girlfriend attempt a download on our home fiber that went through fine in about an hour, had her upload it to our webspace, and then used my FTP program to download it steadily over about 5 hours.

Now I can finally play.

I would be perfectly happy to share this link here for a few days for those people still having problems like I did, but I do not want to anger Battlefront. It is just the generic install file, still needs activation,but I can understand if Battlefront doesn't want it. Of course I am really only trying to help so, Steve, let me know if I can post the link here or if you do not want it.

Thanks! And I am glad to finally be playing :)