down load speeds 100kb/s

Mastiff

Absolutely...

This is friggin ridiculous - a 5gb file with no resume support ? They make  superb games but lousy downloads mechanisms.

Am now 8 hours after buying the game on about the 20th try.

They actually don't make it, it is a service.  Whether the service is good, or the distribution before announcement is the issue I can't speak to.

Still desperately trying to solve the .pkg problem for mac, the download issue has already been discussed...

Okay this is my 3rd post for you posting, I;l catch up to you sooner or later   :P - open a ticket.  There may or may not be an issue.  I don't have a MAC or I'd try to help.  There are MAC beta testers and I don't know of an issue with the installer.  Open a ticket, it is your best/fastest route.

Pre-order?!  lmao I have never been duped into that thankfully.  I'll pay for the download version next week or so.  Now, time to pour a Crown Royal on the rocks and go blow up some Bolshevik horde T34's with my Blazing 88's.  :D

Cheers all.

Edited by Blazing 88's

Too many people downloading from too few places is bound to not go well. It appears the problem is we need to give the cloud time to propagate the files before we open for downloads. Probably 24 hours. Downside is that means NOBODY has it for the first 24 hours, the upside is that download speed should not be a systemic problem.

Steve

i am glad i have no download cap makes up for the terrible service we get up here when my downloads keep failing i am just gonna keep trying tell it works on attempt number two now fingers crossed 

Yeah, 9 attempts here, and I have a Cogeco cap. First DL got to 4.9 GB before cacking. Most after that were 2-3 GB. Cogeco is going to reap overage charges from me this month, I think.

got it downloaded and when installing half way thru it starts extracting files from my other cm games.. ever seen a grown man cry :angry:

This also happened to me when I tried to install Black Sea in the same "Battlefront" folder as Battle for Normandy. I ended up canceling the install, re-installing and letting BS place its content in its default path.  Both games appear to work, but I now have my BS "Game Files"  and "User Data" in one location and the remaining BS files in another.  My OCD side prefers a cleaner installation, but I'm not sure it's worth the potential time and effort.  That said, I'm really looking forward to getting some game time with Black Sea in the next few days.

It tried to copy my entire desktop over - after panic canceling the first go and installing for the 2nd time - with the same result - I just deleated that stuff manually afterwards. The launch has been very rough so far... not worthy of this so far amazing game. 

Edited by Kraft

Currently am waiting 45 minutes for my download to assemble: "Your file is currently being prepared for download". Yes, battlefront is not Steam, but i really would appreciate a download working and not waiting. I am aware that the download will take long too ... *sigh*

Started a 2nd download attempt went to bed and guess what? Of course the download was interrupted!

Starting again with breathtaking 100 k/s 18 hours to go!

What a fu.. up buying a game digitally on friday and be able to play Sunday at best!

By the way just an quick link to the "discussion" we had in mid January when i predicted the mess!

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/117487-24-hours-to-download-the-cmbn-30-update-seriously/

Edited by BadKarma