down load speeds 100kb/s

Mastiff

Sorry but does anyone else appreciate the humor of "give it to us now! give it to us now!" followed by "Oh damn this download speed sucks"

Are we there yet?

I think I would be a lot more understanding if it wasn't for their own support page saying bandwidth and numbers of people shouldn't be an issue due to the Amazon Cloud services they use, and that recent history had not been as bad as this in terms of any downloads from them.  And we waited a bit longer than we thought we would this month, but that's water under the bridge now.

Their words here: http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127844

Our full version downloads are hosted on a major internet backbone (Amazon server cloud) with literally unlimited bandwidth and 100% connectivity and are managed by Citrix. Usually, download issues that we have encountered in the past, have to do with client side issues such as internet security programs, or with other problems downstream outside of our control.

So a lot of us have been troubleshooting our connections, anti-virus, etc., but it doesn't seem related at all.  I haven't had an internet outage in probably years, at least not one caused by my ISP.  This is clearly an Amazon issue or something, but we're not getting any Battlefront responses on these threads.  We did our due diligence on our side, but without support for downloaders, this is seeming increasingly futile.  Once again, this is not a problem I run into with anyone else.

I really hate being the squeaky wheel here, and I'm sure everyone else hates it too.  It would be nice to have some communication back about our issues, even if it is "Stuff is broken, tomorrow it will be fixed."  At this point I have 0 confidence that anything will be improved even if I try tomorrow, in absence of feedback.

Sorry but does anyone else appreciate the humor of "give it to us now! give it to us now!" followed by "Oh damn this download speed sucks"

Are we there yet?

No, but I find this amusing.

ATTENTION! We are offering these early downloads exclusively to

pre-order customers as a reward for your trust and loyalty. In your

best interest, please do not tell anyone else about it, or the

download servers may be flooded with a lot of new customers, robbing

you of your ability to download the game quickly.

We didn't need to tell anybody about it as BF did it for us approximately 1 Hr after the emails were sent out.

"No plan survives contact with the next turn button"

It's the opposite for me, I'm slowing down vs. earlier attempts, that at least started at 1 MB/s and fluctuated upwards from that before going back down.  I'm depressingly sure that this 2-3 hour download is going to fail as well.  Anyone know anyone at Battlefront personally?  They seem to think that a bunch of us are liars or something, because they are not responding.  Will it take me doing a chargeback with my credit card company to get their attention?  Because if i don't get what I paid for, I'm not going to let them keep my money.  I'm getting more and more sour by the minute, and you haven't seen anything yet.  Sorry to do this here, but I don't like this one bit, and this is the most I paid for a game in quite a while, as well as a big friggin waste of my home bandwidth.  I surely could have done a lot of other things today if they had told us downloading today was futile.  No communication means angry customers, especially when we follow their tech support advice on their own pages.

Like when we all talked about Steam and the whole discussion broke down terribly and then again today, I log on, do the 1998 webstore thing and the first download doesn't work. C'mon guys, do us a solid and use some other pipes to push it. I don't care which. Torrent maybe? Gotta to be a cheap way to surge your capacity for launches. 

That said it seems to be peaking at 700kbs and dropping down to about 350kbs. I'm not planning on sitting here watching it but you know, I'm excited its Saturday morning, I want to blow imaginary stuff up... 

so here is the deal - and I am not quoting to not single anyone out, this is just a general perspective

1. BF has told pre orders that they are getting early access and they should not announce it as it simply causes a flood on the servers (this goes back a long way before their current service)

2. The forum goes nuts with F5 monkeys refreshing as if having the game today versus tomorrow is somehow going to fundamentally change our lives

3. BF has a cloud service that takes time for the installer to be distributed to the cloud servic e to make the cloud actually function as intended.

4. The pre orders that get the email immediately announce they are downloading

5 the non pre orders start complaining about how their lives are being ruined and they should have the game now!!!

6. Chris announces fine, they are opening it up

7.  Everyone starts downloading and as was probably predictable it causes issues.

8 It is BFs fault for announcing late

9. It is BF's fault for announcing early

C'mon guys, lighten up and chill a little bit.  The game is released, you'll be playing it soon enough and yeah you are damn funny to listen to.

At 5 Gigs this should have been broken into smaller chunks with WinRAR and had a recovery record included or at least support resume.

Hmmm  4 hours to go @ 346KB/s

Absolutely...

This is friggin ridiculous - a 5gb file with no resume support ? They make  superb games but lousy downloads mechanisms.

Am now 8 hours after buying the game on about the 20th try.

so here is the deal - and I am not quoting to not single anyone out, this is just a general perspective

1. BF has told pre orders that they are getting early access and they should not announce it as it simply causes a flood on the servers (this goes back a long way before their current service)

2. The forum goes nuts with F5 monkeys refreshing as if having the game today versus tomorrow is somehow going to fundamentally change our lives

3. BF has a cloud service that takes time for the installer to be distributed to the cloud servic e to make the cloud actually function as intended.

4. The pre orders that get the email immediately announce they are downloading

5 the non pre orders start complaining about how their lives are being ruined and they should have the game now!!!

6. Chris announces fine, they are opening it up

7.  Everyone starts downloading and as was probably predictable it causes issues.

8 It is BFs fault for announcing late

9. It is BF's fault for announcing early

C'mon guys, lighten up and chill a little bit.  The game is released, you'll be playing it soon enough and yeah you are damn funny to listen to.

I'm actually glad I didn't take my chill pill when I had planned to, or I would have wasted it on this hassle ;)

A lot of us think this is something beyond the usual mess.  In fact, we were assured the usual mess was gone, according to their own support page.  The thing is, bandwidth is valuable, and something running for 5 hours at 400k-1MB/s (because we have had to do this over and over and over today) is not a great customer experience.  I know I have been an especially whiny idiot today, and for me, that is really saying something.  We would just like to know why things are so different today vs. other releases that have gone much smoother, of products like CMBN that had presumably a higher level of demand vs. this.  And why is the cloud failing them/us?  That's what seems to be the issue.  if they would post "We're ripping Citrix a new spinchter now!", even that would be more satisfying than what seems to be dead silence after we paid money for a product we could download right now (as you recall from my other asinine posts, I was not a pre-order).

Anyways, I might go ahead and take that chill pill now, I'm losing the evening and today has been a waste.