down load speeds 100kb/s

Mastiff

Guys take a deep breath, the servers are just getting hammered it has nothing to do with your browser or your anti virus, fix yourself a nice stiff drink, you'll have the game soon enough if not today then tomorrow.

According to this, servers shouldn't be an issue, or at least that's how I interpreted it:

http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127844

We cant even use download clients to save our place -- I'm on my 4th attempt to download after having it fail at well past the 30% mark every time.

it's only going to get worse if they keep taking more orders and more people trying to download. i get 1/3 or so downloaded and poof it's gone. i didn't pre order or get out of school in the 8th grade for this, man! i'm going to watch time team reruns on you tube, much more entertaining than trying to download this game. 

I am downloading at 550 kb/s, ~3hrs left. Man, that is long. You guys who have slow download speeds, try a download manager. I am using Orbit and it is faster than regular Firefox.

Battlefront says not to use downloaders, per their own support page -- that's what is so frustrating:

http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127844

We do NOT recommend using Download Managers! Download managers are often not able to cope with the dynamic nature of the cloud network environment. Use a browser to download instead. We recommend using the following browsers: Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer on the PC, and Safari on the Mac.

Edited by Capt. Toleran

Just checked in with the superiors about the slow speeds. Apparently the master download image (the file that you download) is still propagating around the cloud, so many of the download servers are not active yet. So speeds should get better through the day as more servers come online.

Would it be possible to perhaps host the file as a torrent?

Oh, yeah. I just started the DL again, this time using regular firefox. dl speed is now 1,5 mb/s. Seems battlefront were right when they recommended not to use download managers. Sorry for telling you guys to use one above, i hope none of you started a download with a dl manager yet.

Mine died again, about 30% in again.  This time it was in Chrome.  I hate to be such a complainer, I would rather just be playing the actual game I bought right now, but is Battlefront reading their own support advice, and are they taking these complaints seriously at all?  I'm disabling anti-virus with the hope that it helps, though it has never been an issue with any other download in recent history.

Edited by Capt. Toleran