down load speeds 100kb/s

Mastiff

Well done BF. After 5 hours and 96% complete download stops and cannot reconnect.

So much for pre ordering when the servers get swamped when you release the game to everybody almost immediately.

"No plan survives contact with the next turn button"

You made me feel better, at least.  I was one of the people bitching about there not being a pre-order download for pure digital, but it looks like we are all in the same boat.

Shambles.

7% and stopped. Won't even let me restart now. Preparing download 39% then freezes.

Just curious, are you using Firefox?  I was, and now I'm wondering if it was part of the problem.  I work on 2-3 machines, some PC, some Mac, daily, and Firefox is guaranteed to slowly die at least 3 times a day for me across platforms, sometimes 2-3 times per platform :(   Sad, Firefox used to be the "good" browser...

Edited post. Found the answer here

We do NOT recommend using Download Managers! Download managers are often not able to cope with the dynamic nature of the cloud network environment. Use a browser to download instead. We recommend using the following browsers: Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer on the PC, and Safari on the Mac.

Still pretty bad considering the size of the file.

Not everybody has super fast broadband and the $27 delivery + possible extra VAT/Duty/Post Office "admin" fees makes

downloading the only option for a lot of people.

Edited by joebloggs

Same here, Uverse on this side, and I have better than 99% uptime.  Something is screwy here....

EDIT: ...and it crashed again, and now it won't restart, regardless of browser.

Anyone from Battlefront on this issue?  I see multiple threads, it seems to be a common issue.  You might want to call your Amazon tech support before the rest of your customers lose their minds.  Right now it is feeling distinctly like the worst of the bad old days, 2007ish.

Edited by Capt. Toleran

i hope they stopped taking digital orders for a while to clear the backlog. kind of feel the pre order people like me got hosed. and it's not getting better for me

I know how you feel. 96% I was so close. No cigar.

I feel as if I have put my boxer shorts on back to front and touched my toes with this pre order.

the servers are just getting hammered

Then why did BF release the game to the general masses so shortly after the pre order link went live?

I'm pretty sure that not every one who pre ordered was sitting by their PC. They didn't really gain anything in the long run.

There should have been at least a 24 hour window to avoid all this.

Live and learn.

I suppose you have the game? Any good?

Edited by joebloggs