wow after 2 hours of down loading I get this

Mastiff

is this because of Win 8.1 64bit BS?

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2898334?p=ui_download_errors&rd=1

Download errors & warnings

When a download fails, an error message may appear on the download bar at the bottom of your browser. A longer error message will appear in the Downloads page. Chrome also warns you about unusual or potentially dangerous downloads.

Common download errors
  • Blocked: Security settings on your computer blocked this file.
    Windows users: The file you attempted to download was removed by the Windows Attachment Manager. Your computer may be set to block all downloads, so check your Windows Internet security settings to ensure you’re able to download files.
  • Virus scan failed: Antivirus software failed unexpectedly while scanning this file.
    Windows users: The file you attempted to download was removed by the Windows Attachment Manager. Learn more about what can cause "Virus scan failed"
  • Insufficient permissions: Cannot save due to insufficient permissions. Please save to another location. 
    You may not have the necessary permissions or some other application, typically antivirus software, was accessing the downloaded file at the same time as Google Chrome. Try again later or try saving to a different location. Learn how to change download locations
  • Network error: Unknown network error. There was a problem with the network during the download. Try again later.
  • Download error: There was a problem during the download. Try again later.
  • No file: The server could not find the file. The file you attempted to download may not be valid. Contact the server administrator.
  • Server problem: Unknown server error. Try again or contact the server administrator.

get what, I don't see the specific error.  Screenshot would potentially help if you can post.  I am running Win 8.1 64 bit as well and have had no issues.

Absent any other info, I would be suspicious of virus protection software, it seems to create 90% of the issues downloading and installing CM.

get what, I don't see the specific error.  Screenshot would potentially help if you can post.  I am running Win 8.1 64 bit as well and have had no issues.

Absent any other info, I would be suspicious of virus protection software, it seems to create 90% of the issues downloading and installing CM.

I turned that off, seems that new cloud stuff is an issue and has its own virus scanner and blocked my rar file after it was done down loading, I have no control over cloud software that 8.1 installed on my computer.

how do I get rid of security software for 8.1 when I turned all that stuff off. and still doesn't like the down load, also I had to restart the down load again. why does BF make us buyers jump through fire hoops to get this game?

all my antivirus purchases had to be uninstalled because of BF.

I'm necked. and afraid of the internet.

I really suspect BF has a code in their file to track us and that's why the new anti virus scanners always flag it. also trying to add exceptions doesn't work either.

Edited by Wolfseven