An update on the update!

ChrisND

Vincere is correct. That is what I was referring to. In other words what are the "signs" that the game is going to be available. 

Well other than people throwing around code words...the only evidence that we have is someone saying the download on the website slowed down...which could indicate something being uploaded to said Battlefront server. All speculation of course, but were all desperate refresh monkeys so we'll take what we can get.

:D

Well other than people throwing around code words...the only evidence that we have is someone saying the download on the website slowed down...which could indicate something being uploaded to said Battlefront server. All speculation of course, but were all desperate refresh monkeys so we'll take what we can get.

:D

and talk: "The chair is on the wall."

Vincere is correct. That is what I was referring to. In other words what are the "signs" that the game is going to be available.

Ah, got it. I never noticed any signs with past releases. Certainly no one who actually knew anything used any code words that meant anything. I am sure there a few testers who would be happy to throw a few silly phrases in this post just to mess with you but the indication it is ready will be an announcement. At least that has been the way for past releases. Oh unless you count the guy who pre-ordered who inevitably posts that they are downloading the game after they were asked not to. That has happened so may times that at this point I consider that to be an announcement :)

You want the flawed version? What if it totally balls up your computer requiring a complete reformat of your hard drive and reloading all your software? How happy are you going to be then?

Michael

Very. Because i'm on a budget. I'm disabled with Multiple Sclerosis and I have to scrape and scratch for every penny I have and I have saved enough hopefully for the digital version.

Clearly you're not a Total War fan or you'd remember the Rome2 release. :o  :huh:  :angry:

"and that, is why BFC release when it's finished."

I was around for the first Total War, youngling. The signs are out there. When I got the boxed version of Red Thunder they said not to say it's out and same there here. I know I said this before and there isn't some conspiracy, like I can show you the email... i'm just whining because i'm a baby in a lot of pain and I just want to buy the digital version and stop F5ing the Battlefront site and this thread.

i

Are we nearly there yet?

Yes we are absolutely nearly there. When exactly would depend on your definition of Nearly though.

I would say though that the complete absence yet of the aforementioned joke "its here" post - would suggest not even the dicks who post those think we are close enough to let their dickedness get the better of them.

Edited by JRMC1879

Wish digital downloads were pre-order as well -- I have no need for a box or hard-copy of the game (what year is this?), but would love to have the courtesy e-mail....  Why doesn't Battlefront want any pre-orders (advance cash) from those of us who value the space in our houses and don't want to litter the enviro?

If we hit February with no game yet (I'd put it at 50/50, inclining towards 60/40) the humor around here will turn a little darker.  Still, we know they are a small team, doing their very best, that the game is in an infinitely more mature state than SF was on release and that there are real grounds for optimism, whatever the slippage.  I would not have considered buying it, let alone pre-purchasing another CM title after SF, if I had not been so impressed by Chris's videos, and some of them were from weeks ago.

Edited by Bahger

If I was to hazard a guess, I would think that the extra money we pay for a physical pre-order gets rewarded by a few hours early notice. DVD's, manuals, mailers etc. cost. I don't know how BF's making their money back on those, but I think this extra fund-age probably goes to cover that directly. Maybe part of the download costs do too. I just like a manual in my hands. That comes from way too many board games in years past.  I bet I have 60 out in the garage right now and no real space to keep them set up for long enough to make it worth it.  :(

Edited by Jim1954