Quiet background Sound

kendar

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at work now kendar so can't use my headphones and have background noise from people here but it sounds as an improvement.

Could you perhaps also add a version with much subdued sounds of explotions in far distance but of low intensity ie. not exploding all the time like in vanilla?

The objective, for me, is to do a set of background sounds without gunfight as it's a thing i need from my player point of view.

once it will be done, i will certainly do some variations with different Theatre (normandy / italy / russia...) and different circonstances  (light skirmish / big battle...)

for the moment, i'll stick with the no gunfight, it's well to easy to disperse for me and in final doing nothing good.

thanks for the returns Hister, i need it ;) 

Good work - really clear, consistent rain sound. I only miss a thunder lightning noise here and there.

What about fog sound clip? Vanilla one sucks because there is usually not much wind when there is fog present and vanilla one has wind aplenty in it. Dampening effect for sounds should be the main effect of this sound clip minus the meadow bugs voices who hide and don't produce noise when there is not much sun available.

Possible to do?  

Edit: Oh, the wind one is missing too. Or is that one far explosions and guns shots free? forgot 'cos I haven't had vanilla for so long. 

Maybe subdue the voice level of night sound clip a tad so that it fits with the rest more and is less obtrusive. Should have told you sooner about it but took the time to rechek them all in depth now. Day one is perfect I think as it is. 

Edited by Hister

thanks for you return hister.

will try to alter the night a bit.

Wind and fog, are on my to do list, but hard to find the good balance for them.

For the thunder, i thought that were there is rain, there's not always thunder, so... i don't know. Perhaps will try to break monotony with something else.

Again thanks for your returns, really appreciate.

Edited by kendar

Yeah, wind and fog are hard to do - that's why there aren't really much satisfactory modded ones out there. Still hope you manage to come up with something. 

For the rain one. Thunder breaks the monotonous sound a bit. Insert two thunders in the clip and you'll be good to go but make sure the intervals between them are not 50-50 of the whole clip. 

Maybe subdue the voice level of night sound clip a tad so that it fits with the rest more and is less obtrusive. Should have told you sooner about it but took the time to rechek them all in depth now.

What exactly did you mean by the voice level ? one sound in particular ?

Update 02/06/2015 :

with the returns of Hister, and the help of Optimus :

Night sounds subdued to same level of day.(keep the bug sound, but less loud, hope it's work)

two version of rain sound :

With and without Thunder

As you choice : keep the rain sound you want, naming it "background rain"

for the link see this post

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/117604-quiet-background-sound/?p=1579758

Edited by kendar

Thanks Swant and Hister, happy it pleased you.

just realize i made a mistake in package between files.

Indeed night track ends with 1 second of silence, in this doesn't do a nice loop.

will update with good one and post here when done for you to redownloading it.

[edit] update done ;)

Edited by kendar

Ha, I haven't heard it ingame. Noticed it ends ubruptly but thought it connects ok in the loop. Good that you spotted it.

BTW, you might want to change your mod description. I mean I am flattered my forum nickname is mentioned but more grammatically correct text which approaches your mod more holistically should be made. I can write it for you, just let me know. :D

I'm the pain in the ass, aren't I. ;)

•Description:

Background sounds without gunfight.

Update 02/06/2015 :

With Hister's suggestions and the help of Optimus:

Night sounds were subdued - now they are on the same voice level as day sounds.

Two versions of rain sound are available:

With and without Thunder.

*Keep the rain sound version you want by naming it "background rain" and you are good to go.

Edited by Hister

background.zip_original.jpg?1423071854

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/5460/details

Background sounds without gunfight.

With Hister's suggestions and the help of Optimus:

Night sounds were subdued - now they are on the same voice level as day sounds.

Two versions of rain sound are available:

With and without Thunder.

*Keep the rain sound version you want by naming it "background rain" and you are good to go.

Edited by kendar