Do It Yourself Roadsign Kit project

signs_zpse44ad229.jpg

I am planning to start work on a new project in a few weeks to have a single master photoshop file with layers arranged in groups to get you a capability to make your own roadsigns for a scenario. I am a photoshop elementary school 3rd grader at best. umlaut was helping me with my winter shermans (due out soon!) and showed me a layer mask method so if you type your town's name in the layer mask it can reveal a wooden grained white image of those letters down on your final signboard background, red or blue wood grained or other colors. All looks like one board was painted in various colors to look natural together. This photo shows from left to right. Stock signs, mine made TRYING to use the new method I learned and one of my old signs from a method not using layer masks.

I have to perfect it and create some other layer groups for weathering and military signs. yellow letters on green background for example for US Army.

Hunt down the best fonts and recommended font size and list them in an attached readme pdf file.

Naming and numbering for left or right pointed arrows. How to modtag so it can be called out in your scenario.

Not a life changing thing but I could upload it to GaJ and people could make their own signs.

Edited by kohlenklau

Not a life changing thing but I could upload it to GaJ and people could make their own signs.

Isn't everything about CM "life changing"  :lol:

Jeez, you really make yourself doing loads of stuff for CMFI - do you ever sleep? Is there a kohlenklau clone - clonenklau :D ?

Keep up the good work mate!

it-mile-sign2mainland_zpsdf641f0e.jpg

For some odd reason the Napoli part rides along but doesn't show up. I did these signs for CMFI GL BULGE 44.

They seemed to match up nicely to the period photographs. If you look close I even angle-chopped the tops of the "t"'s to match the signs I saw.

You can compare to this font in an actual sign. Chopped top T in St Vith, partially obscured. On the next go round, I will add the "xx km".

doc_zps14e0ad44.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

I don't think this will be a good thing to make a do-it-yourself kit. Some signs are backwards and some are not. I tried to set up a layer to just type into and the image is masked below to end up perfect but it needs other steps to get to the final point.

This project is a no go.

If you need some custom signs for a scenario, PM me and I will help you out.

Edited by kohlenklau