Chicken

How Do I download and install scenarios/mods

Hi

Fairly new to CMBN and I've been trying to install a scenario onto my CMBN v 2.12 but have been able to get into work. I was wondering in general how do you install scenarios/mods

Did you put the scenario you downloaded in the directory for them?  Should be something like this (depending of course on what drive you put the game on): E:\CM Normandy\Game Files\Scenarios

I have a mac. and yes I did. I went to the CM Normandy\Contents\Resources\GameFiles\Scenarios. 

However, I did but the expanded version of the zip of the scenario into the folder. the file ended with .cam but I changed it to .btt thinking that was the correct format. Should I have not changed it? or Should I not expand the zip? Thanks for replying so soon

.cam files are campaigns. Change the extension back to that from .btt and try loading it via the campaigns menu rather than scenarios. :)

I have a Mac as well, but I can't recall at the moment if there is a campaigns folder under gamefiles. If there is, rename as I mentioned and put it there.

Edited by Bud_B

Hi

Fairly new to CMBN and I've been trying to install a scenario onto my CMBN v 2.12 but have been able to get into work. I was wondering in general how do you install scenarios/mods

The other guys have cleared up the scenarios / battles point for you; but you also mentioned installing mods.

To install those you need to add a new "z" folder (no quotes in the actual name ...) under / inside your "data" folder, and put unzipped mod files in there.

The point of the z folder is that those mod files then get read / loaded last, and so supersede the stock versions included in the .brz files already present.

Next time you run the game you should see the mods appearing. Well worth doing, as the fantatsatic work done by the modders really improves eg the look of the vehicles in the game, plus lots and lots more ...