New member saying hi!

rickyd89

Hi everyone i couldn't find a new member area and just wanted to introduce myself before posting anywhere else on the forum show some respect and what not:)

My name Rick 25 years old live in the sunny UK. I have been into WW2 games all my life starting with FPS back when things were a lot more slow paced then they are now, i moved to a RTS strategy but didn't like the fast pace resource collecting system. i Found TOW and really enjoyed the slow pace that offers i can actually think and enjoy watching a battle. I made my CM: battle for Normandy purchase today after playing the demo i really like the turn base side of it and i enjoy turn based war games such as warhammer.  

Some family history my great grand farther blew a Blenheim in WW2 coming back from a operation the aircraft hit some turbulence, he enjoy smoking pipes..can you see where this is going?. Yep the sudden jolt sent his pipe flying from his mouth onto the old foam seats setting fire to the cockpit, they managed to put out the fire. sadly he passed away in 2005. 

I hope this post is welcome sorry if it's in the wrong place i have not seen any other posts like this so i am not sure if this post is allowed but i don't like to be rude and just want to share a little about me.

Thanks everyone :) 

Saddle Up Rick.

You will have a great time in CM: battle for Normandy. So many theaters and great user made scenarios to compliment the gold stock scenarios / campaigns. You will enjoy all the CM WWII games. Each one has it's unique features.

Great group of gaming folks in the forums with plenty of information and help. Just ask.

BTW: CM Modern is fun and fast. "Black Sea" should be close to delivery so hang on cowboy ;)

• 2 weeks later...

rickyd89,

Welcome aboard!

We're a lot less formal than many other boards, except for the Peng thread here (run while you can; it's currently over on the CMBS Forum, I believe), where there is a strict protocol to be followed.  Here's the first tutorial in a series on good CMBN tactics. Please know that the game has developed considerably since the series was made. Though the specifics may've changed, the core tactical concepts haven't.

If you need training in how not to play the game well, I can assist. Okay, I did eventually get better, but even my wins were terrible for my troops. Learn from their exsanguination! See for yourself here. My dubious martial saga has the same caveats as above, for I started with an early version of the game and patched and upgraded from there. There's nothing past 2.12.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Hi rickyd89. Welcome aboard.

We're a lot less formal than many other boards

I dont know where you usually post, but i find this board to be much more civil and formal than most other boards i know. Probably that is because we have an average age of approximately 45 according to several polls. If you want to see total, real unmoderated chaos, go to 4chan check out the infamous /b/ if it still exists.

(note: i dont post on 4chan).

Michael Emrys,

It's like Brigadoon. Fleeting, though much smellier! Would've been better had they left it at the Source from Which All CM Goodness Springs: the CMBO Forum. I understand why things are the way they are, but I do miss the days when we are all one and the GDF was at full info boil. Good times!

Regards,

John Kettler