Can UAVs be spotted by enemy units and destroyed?

Bahger

Just like in Red thunder anti-air assets can engage everything flying over our battlefield. That includes UAVs.

There is no way for assets outside of the scenario to impact your UAVs, however, with the "electronic warfare" option you can severely limit their usefullness. It doesn't matter what the UAV sees if it can't pass that information on.

Not sure if this has been covered already. The raven... Will it be part of the weapons listing within an infantry unit ? And shown in CM as being 'deployed' ? Or is it like artillery, click of a button and says available / denied option ? Thanks guys.

Just like in Red thunder anti-air assets can engage everything flying over our battlefield. That includes UAVs.

There is no way for assets outside of the scenario to impact your UAVs, however, with the "electronic warfare" option you can severely limit their usefullness. It doesn't matter what the UAV sees if it can't pass that information on.

That is not entirely correct. I suggest a close reading of the manual on UAV section as to what type of air defenses are able to target which platforms and then review the possible AD platforms. Otherwise you will be in for a very rude awakening once you have the game in hand.

That is not entirely correct. I suggest a close reading of the manual on UAV section as to what type of air defenses are able to target which platforms and then review the possible AD platforms. Otherwise you will be in for a very rude awakening once you have the game in hand.

Psss! You are spoiling the surprise for everyone that didn't need the manual! :lol:

But that is correct. To verify:

Micro-UAVs can not be attacked by SAMs, but can be attacked by AAA fire. (This includes the russian ZALA drone and the american Raven)

Medium UAVs can be attacked by both AAA and SAMs. (this includes the american Shadow and the russian Pchela-1T)

The large US-UAV can't be attacked while observing. They can be attacked while conducting a strike (Not observing, which I falsely claimed) mission by both AAA and SAMs. (The gray eagle is our large UAV)

The russian large UAV can be attacked while observing (Orlan-10)

The gray eagle is the only UAV that is armed.

Also, be aware that the "micro, medium, large" order is not official. Thats how I remember it.

Edit: Fixed lack of sleep. Thanks, Vanir!

Edited by Jargotn

Also, be aware that the "micro, medium, large" order is not official. Thats how I remember it.

That's correct, Charles and I used the following designations for UAVs for the game systems as a convenient way to group the UAVs:

Micro

Tactical

MALE

They don't correspond exactly to real designations, but are our way of keeping things consistent and relatively simple.