M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS)- will we see it in Black Sea?

Placebo

This looks like an awesome weapon system, anyone know why it would not be used by the US in the Ukraine?

I do not see it in the units list

I am pretty sure this and the MLRS aren't in because they wouldn't be used at this level of combat (At least what BFC really wants to concentrate on), or because they are just simply too destructive. Remember this system is literally called "A grid square remover", anything caught in the kilometer wide spread of these systems will be dead. Ever hear of "Steel Rain"? it didn't get that nick name for nothing.

There were rockets in CMSF too, although just the shorter range redfor stuff.  Two ways I'd take it:

1. They're not in because in a higher intensity conflict, those assets would be tasked with more interesting targets (command posts, bridges, logistical nodes, artillery firing positions etc)/the really long range stuff is purposefully kept off the table in scenario to avoid escalation out of the Ukraine  

2. They're going to be added in future additions.   The CMSF packs while focusing on the USMC, Brits, NATO etc often included little one off things for the base game's factions.  Could be CMBS's first expansion "Hanging the Wash on the Donbass Line" is mostly the UK, but it includes rocket artillery, A-10s and 2S7 support options for the base faction or something.

US rocket artillery isn't commonly used too close to the front line, it's usually reserved for the "interesting targets" I described or special occasions sort of thing (like Division/Corps level offenses).  That said given how ATACMS have been used in the last few years, it might be an interesting choice in terms of a large unitary warhead type weapon against precision targets. Not exactly advocating it, simply saying if we started tossing in HIMAR/MRLS stuff, it might be more reasonable than steel rain.  

I am pretty sure this and the MLRS aren't in because they wouldn't be used at this level of combat (At least what BFC really wants to concentrate on), or because they are just simply too destructive. Remember this system is literally called "A grid square remover", anything caught in the kilometer wide spread of these systems will be dead. Ever hear of "Steel Rain"? it didn't get that nick name for nothing.

GMLRS (GPS guided unitary HE) is regularly used in battles at the CMx2 scale.

Yup, we need GMLRS.  Grid square removal is no longer relevant for US MLRS as the ammunition is banned and awaiting an alternative warhead replacement.  HIMARS with GMLRS and the Russian Tornado-S equivalent would fit very well in CMBS and would complement our excellent new precision artillery feature.  We can assume that any grid square removing the Russians might do would be off-map (although I'm not sure I agree with that entirely).