Green player looking for PBEM opponent for CMBN, CMFI or CMRT

mkessler73

I'm looking for a PBEM opponent to play any of the CMx2 WWII titles (I have all three titles and all the expansions, and I'm patched up to the latest versions).  I consider myself rather green, although I have played all the CM titles back to CMBO.  I would prefer a historical-minded opponent versus a game-the-game type.  I'm very happy to be slaughtered as many times as someone has patience to crush me!  I would prefer an opponent who will be tolerant of two or three days between turns occasionally - sometimes life won't give me enough time to play.  If you think we might be a good match for a game or two, please respond in this thread.

Thanks for taking the time,

Matt Kessler

Edited by mkessler73

Matt, I'm completely green. I have CMBN with everything including vehicle pack, patched to 3.11. I have Dropbox but do not use HTHH. I love history, and would like someone who is interested in chatting about the battles we play as an experience, a simulation and not just another win. To talk about what worked, and what didn't, and share strategies.

As I'm a total noob, I'd like to do very small Quick Battles. Probably could use friendly advice. It sounds like you may be far advanced compared to me if you played the older games.

Like you, it might take me 2-3 days to return a turn.

If that doesn't work for you, no worries. :)

Hi Matt and Bud

I have all the titles all up to 3.11. I am a great lover of history especially WWII acw and the Napoleonic wars. I am always looking for cmx2 opponents, as like you two can only play turns at weekends due to work commitments. I have dropbox and h2hh. I enjoy all types of battle small to large, and like to think I know what i am doing lol.

If you fancy a game pm me and we can sort something out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

I'm a middling player in CET (Germany) with BN /FI / RT / BS and most of the applicable packs....as well as all older CM titles (CMSF and all but NATO) and CM1-3 etc. I can turn a few turns around a day at a minimum...perhaps one in the AM and one when i get home in the evening...or more if TZ is not an issue and scheds are similar i guess. If anyone is interested or needs another punching bag by all means drop me a PM with the preferred playing field. Looking forward to joining the fray...

MC