Additions to Black Sea

A curious thing that I'm sure that I and many of the other people here were probably curious about, is, to word it without enraging to much ire, is there anything we can expect after black sea and the main DLC's are released? Personally, I would love to see a DLC adding Chinese and Indian forces, so as to add the possibility of a "titanomachy" of sorts, but admittedly I've been watching too many Asiatic war films. But still.... China v. Russia v. America with all three cycling in the 1v.1 slot, that would be incredible  :D

Kinda difficult to say. BFC are very concerned to portray plausible (uncomfortably so, perhaps, given their performance so far) conflicts, once they step out of the field of recorded history. Finding a plausible scenario for Sino-Indian armoured conflict in the near future is perhaps more difficult. What I'm pretty sure they won't do is just release a module with units and TO&E without a background. O' course, they could change tack completely :)

Another consideration is that there's plenty of Ukraine-hypothetical material to fill up a couple of modules and a pack or two, so perhaps the Himalayan Conflict would be a different family of games, rather than a module for BS (like RT is for BN). I wouldn't hold my breath, though. CMx3 will probably arrive first.

One possibility they could choose would be a future Korean war involving the Chinese and possibly even the Russians siding with North Korea, Dense terrain, winter weather, urban combat. Korea has it all. Scenario is most likely o start with a North Korean invasion unless someone dreams up a really plausible reason for the West to invade the north (eg nuclear weapons, noocons in the White House)

Or they could return to the Middle East but this time it is a genral war involving Isreal, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Turkey, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the Gulf States, Iran, stae sponsred groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah, ISIS, the United States, NATO and possibly Russia.

Anything Asian would be a whole new game family, it would require models, TO&E, and terrain from scratch just for starters.

Korea would be a great venue for a future game family. As would a conflict involving India(supported bby a US intervention force fightinga Sino-Pakistan alliance started due to a crisis over Tibet and Nepal Inspired by a very good but little known novel entitled Chimera by Vivek Ahuja.

I would love to see a Korean War II game with modeled ROK, US, DPRK, and maybe Chinese forces, except the scenery really is long in the tooth at this point, and the restrictive terrain limits the sort of tank thing I prefer to do.  Also the likelihood of a joint US-Chinese invasion of the DPRK is more likely at this point than a DPRK-Chinese force.

Of course with that said, some liberties could be taken, and it's really up to the scenario writers to make it as realistic (closer to the CMSF missions against uncon type fighters than you'd think) or DPRK TRIUMPHANT style missions that closer fit the image of what we all expected the DPRK to be able to do.

Which of course makes the Chinese element easier to fit in too, as it could work well for either a combined "this North Korean thing has to be put to bed" campaign, or something closer to 1950 all over again.

Either way it presents some cool toys.  The US has both heavy forces in theater, and Strykers on short recall, the ROK army has some awesome gear (K1A1s, K2s, K21s etc), DPRK would be a lot like Syria in CMSF in terms of being a multilayered funcake of OPFOR (from conventional T-62/BMP-1/Type 63 based forces, to light infantry, to uncon style special forces).  China also brings some cool stuff in terms of either a higher capability OPFOR for the US/ROK, or as an alternative take to the complex sort of war taking the DPRK would become.  Also the two tiered high capability (Type 99A2, ZBD2000), and their lower capability (Type 69, Type 63) formations would be interesting.

I would love to see the UA fighting rebels, modern-ish toys with bigger lethality than WW2 but not as doom bringing as a platoon of Abrams stomping everything within seconds.

Ie having Infantry to still play a big role besides being meatbags that carry AT weapons for me and die a lot more frequently.

A Syria vs Syria from SF so to speak with the UA being slightly on top.

Edited by Kraft

Finding a plausible scenario for Sino-Indian armoured conflict in the near future is perhaps more difficult. 

Actually it is not so difficult. There are some very disputed border regions between both country´s. The next thing would be disputed resources, or water. In China a lot of rivers originate that also run through India and are responsible for their water supply. China wants to build hydroelectric power stations at these rivers what would result in India getting cut of this water. 

Post BS? Hmm... Germans, Russian Naval Infantry, airborne, Marines, French (just kidding! ;) ), Brits, Poles, etc... And, at the risk of crossing genres, Chernobyl is nearby and STALKER provides plenty of historical information of what could be faced in THAT region. ;)

Post BS? Hmm... Germans, Russian Naval Infantry, airborne, Marines, French (just kidding! ;) ), Brits, Poles, etc... And, at the risk of crossing genres, Chernobyl is nearby and STALKER provides plenty of historical information of what could be faced in THAT region. ;)

Yes, give me a combat mission game where I have to dodge pesky anomalies, flank bandits and fall back when facing an entrenched controller!

Then again, we remember how well faction wars worked in Clear Sky ;)

From the things we will most probably see I'd like to have the brits, especially Paras, in the game first. I just like myself some light infantry.

Actually it is not so difficult. There are some very disputed border regions between both country´s.

True, and China and India have even fought a low-grade war there, plus a couple of skirmishes.

However, if you're thinking that inevitably and easily leads to armoured conflict across the border ... eh. You might want to take a look at a topographical map first.

Edited by JonS

I would love to see the conflict escalating into the Baltian States and Finland. Mosty because I'm Finnish and I want to see how my wartime Infantry company would actually perform against a russian mechanized force in the forest terrain

Baltic States scenarios would be very easy to do with the game as is. And, sine they are all members of NATO it would be greatif BF included their armies in the future. Not that they have particularly large armies of course so perhas aas part of an Eastern European expansion along with Poland, the Czechs, Slovaks, Hungarins and Romanians.Hpefully BF is taking ote of customer ideas like this :D .  

I would love to see a Korean War II game with modeled ROK, US, DPRK, and maybe Chinese forces, except the scenery really is long in the tooth at this point, and the restrictive terrain limits the sort of tank thing I prefer to do.  Also the likelihood of a joint US-Chinese invasion of the DPRK is more likely at this point than a DPRK-Chinese force.

Of course with that said, some liberties could be taken, and it's really up to the scenario writers to make it as realistic (closer to the CMSF missions against uncon type fighters than you'd think) or DPRK TRIUMPHANT style missions that closer fit the image of what we all expected the DPRK to be able to do.

Which of course makes the Chinese element easier to fit in too, as it could work well for either a combined "this North Korean thing has to be put to bed" campaign, or something closer to 1950 all over again.

Either way it presents some cool toys.  The US has both heavy forces in theater, and Strykers on short recall, the ROK army has some awesome gear (K1A1s, K2s, K21s etc), DPRK would be a lot like Syria in CMSF in terms of being a multilayered funcake of OPFOR (from conventional T-62/BMP-1/Type 63 based forces, to light infantry, to uncon style special forces).  China also brings some cool stuff in terms of either a higher capability OPFOR for the US/ROK, or as an alternative take to the complex sort of war taking the DPRK would become.  Also the two tiered high capability (Type 99A2, ZBD2000), and their lower capability (Type 69, Type 63) formations would be interesting.

We would want to give the NK's a fair chance of winning sme scenarios, hence allowing China to intervene n their side. A winter war scenario from the start would be most plausible. we could either have a traditional North Korean attack or we culd go down the route of a US led invasion (regieme change, NK nukes)

True, and China and India have even fought a low-grade war there, plus a couple of skirmishes.

However, if you're thinking that inevitably and easily leads to armoured conflict across the border ... eh. You might want to take a look at a topographical map first.

There was actually a fair bit of tank combat in the novel I mentioned with a lot of the ground combat actuallyy happening in Bhutan. If we also had Pakistan allied with China there would be more scope for tank battles in that theatre of the war. Pakistan does have quite a few modern MBTs these days. And of course a US intervention would be mandatory! Even though unlikely  in reality. Send in the Marines and Airborne units, maybe some regular army later on. Maybe a small UK contingent as the former colonial power though this seems even more doubtful than a US intervention

I am greatly impressed by the prescience with which the devs chose the Ukraine theater; a friend of mine commented that if they announce that that next game is set in Southern California, that will be my cue to get out, fast!

Although I do not play the WW2 iterations of CM (not since the original game anyway) my preference for a future theater, FWIW, and acknowledging that it is highly unlikely, would be a historical one: the Yom Kippur War of 1973, because it involved a close-run fight between large, co-ordinated ground forces on the attack and outnumbered, unprepared but technologically and militarily superior defenders with very powerful but not decisive air support. Just my 2c.

We would want to give the NK's a fair chance of winning sme scenarios, hence allowing China to intervene n their side. A winter war scenario from the start would be most plausible. we could either have a traditional North Korean attack or we culd go down the route of a US led invasion (regieme change, NK nukes)

The most likely Korean War scenario these days is the ROK going North after a collapse versus the DPRK on the outskirts of Seoul.  However a more limited DPRK attack focused on taking part, or all of Seoul to create the world's biggest hostage crisis is within reason.  A grand scenario that was this limited DPRK attack, followed by the ROK-USFK counterattack across the DMZ would be good.  Having a module that was Chinese forces would allow for scenerio writers to make both the more likely "China attacks DPRK to contain the crisis" and the more amusing, but less likely "China joins with the DPRK."

In the DPRK stands alone type scenario they're pretty much just as able to be the Syrians from CMSF, and we got plenty of mileage out of them.