Moro River Campaign...?

The scenario is being playtested by mjkerner and borg and I am awaiting feedback. In the meantime I'm doing research and editor testing as well as the outlines of the map for Merville Battery for CMBN. Lots of stuff to figure out - but fun nonetheless.

And it's fun so far.  Will finish this weekend (before Packers/Seattle game!), and get a report to you, rocketman.

Hi benpark,

I hope fatherhood is going well for you. 

Yes, Ortona map is great. 

Now, enter the new world of CM mod bartering...

I trade you the 2km x 2km map you have just offered for help with the dang wrinkles and folds on the Soviet sapper amoeba coveralls???  :D

Actually, I am good for maps. Ithikial lent me San Leonardo.

But I wouldn't mind seeing whatever BFC has you working on for CM Bulge. :D

Thanks.

A teaser battle will be uploaded first as we did with the "Wacht Am Rapido" campaign. You know, to get the juices flowing and stimulate interest and ramp up the preorders! :D

(Operators are standing by and if you call before midnight tonight, you not only get the teaser battle and the campaign but an extra set of ginsu steak knives absolutely free!)

It is being written by a college student as his first scenario. "Morning Patrol" will have elements of the 4th Princess Louise Dragoon Guards scouting ahead on a road to see if any Germans occupy "De Luca's farmhouse"...

Playtest volunteers please PM me!

OrtonaTacMapMorningPatrol_zpsccb72419.jp

Edited by kohlenklau

You are tempting me. You are tempting me so much.

But until I get the 3.0 upgrade for FI I can neither join the factory nor enjoy its products.

I'll just keep downloading everything you publish and wait for the pleasent surprise I'll have when actually seeing your missions.

Revised battle list

Teaser Battle: Morning Patrol

1. Courant de sang

2. Toehold

3. Hard Cider

4. Nouveaux Arrivants

5. Mauskrieg!

6. The Daring Gamble

Sneak Preview Battle: Operation Hercules The Invasion of Malta

PM me if you want to work on something or to playtest.

Edited by kohlenklau

This is the TacMap for "Toehold". The Canadians have crossed the "Torrente Moro" and taken up positions in San Leonardo.

The 26th Panzer Division has something to say about that.

Prior to this battle will be a player coin toss for you to determine if you will fight either the heads or tails version... 

OrtonaTacMapToehold_zpsc5641442.png

Edited by kohlenklau

Good news!  I spent many hours pouring some love on the San Leonardo map by Ithikial. He lent it to us and it was very beneficial for us and we thank him. I had a blast in the town. It is always fun to watch the mayor's face when you tell him an entire block must be levelled and all the houses moved 3 action squares. Oh! The crying and tears and the families packing their stuff to get out of the way...

I got some real treats in there for you. I google some period WW2 photos and try and inject some nuances and vignettes.

-The community fountain where the old mama's do their laundry. And some young mama's too. :o

-The walled garden with the fruit trees. Home made lemoncello digestivo anyone? 

-the ugly rutted muddy road. 1 tank, 2 tanks, 3 tanks..where the hell is the 4th tank? Lost in the mud sir!

-balconies overlooking the main road through town. San Leonardo's upscale downtown district...They got a starbucks?

-umlaut's factory mod from CMRT. OK, not all of it, just the stumps pack. Under flavor objects you now see 9 options for stumps if you want to place a mod pack in the CMFI Z folder.

-drainage ditches using..DITCH-lock. Wow, who woulda thought?

-Ortona sign mod.

Screenshots later today. :D

Edited by kohlenklau

SanLeonardo_zps3cdead44.jpg

This is the revved up downtown district with the main road headed towards the big city of Ortona. You got your obligatory lemon trees hidden from snatchers. Some of umlauts stumps. Wrought iron (ferro battuto e molto bello!) balconies overlooking the main drag. The community fountain and gossip spot. Another screenshot later with the ditch and other stuff I tweaked. 

Edited by kohlenklau

• 1 month later...

I have commissioned 2 mods for this campaign against the AI!

Sequoia has agreed to make a special order voice mod.

juju is going to try to make me a rubble mod to better portray the German destruction of lime stone buildings in Ortona.

....to block the streets and prevent use by Canadian armour.

The release will be only after I get those mods.

Sequoia came through for us with a voice mod for the Royal 22e Regiment, "Van Doos"...

Thanks Bernie!

I have dropboxxed some building wall files to Juju so he knows what color rubble I want for the sad but true demolition of Ortona,.

Thanks Juju!

And Dane finished his "Casa Berardi" scenario before he got neck deep in college mid-terms.

Thanks Dane!

Sam is deeper than neck deep in college studies so he had to pull out off the Campaign Factory so I reluctantly accepted his 2 week notice and will take the ball and run with it to finish up "Morning Patrol". I decided to make it a prestaged save file kind of teaser prequel scenario. I will have it out this week. Link here soon!

Thanks Sam!