What version of the engine does Shock Force now use...?

Sburke - how about 'american sniper' film ? Does that fall nicely ?

No idea, haven't seen it yet. Who needs movies when I have CM. Lol

Seriously I can not wait for CMSF2. And folks stop hyping on pricing. You already heard it is a ton of work. I'll be happy to pay full price as a brand new addition to the family if it gets me this gem. I so much miss the tactical capabilities in the current engine when trying to plan moves in CMSF.

I'm really looking forward to CMSF2 whether it's going to be a patch or a stand alone game (or both?). I really hope it's going to be a complete overhaul of all modules with some of the new units and mechanics integrated to the original campaigns. The game really deserves a full update as it catches the feeling and essence of modern wars like no other game.

I'd imagine that if they are going that far it can't be just 10$. I'd happily pay the full price of new CM game (55$) for complete package of base SF and all the modules, that would also be really great value package for potential new combat mission players. Going higher than that, at least for people who have already bought the entire SF family, would be pretty steep.

I'd love to play SF even now but new CMx2 additions like "target briefly" have completely spoiled me and I find it too hard to play without them  :D

I too would love to see CMSF 2 but I can understand that it might not be, upon closer examination, the best business decision to bring the body back to life. I'm thinking there's more money to be had with the Bulge, Red Thunder and Black Sea modules and their thin resources might be better spent there. I also understand the desire to work on something where one has a foundation already but Chris' list shows how much work will have to be done. Also is the 2008 scenario still viable? If not they'd have even more work ahead of them. 

I know it's way too early to know but if it doesn't happen I hope there's some forgiveness for BFC. 

Personally I would prefer the 2008 scenario myself. I would rather have scenarios against a full strength Syrian army than one decimated by years of civil war. But given the way events in Syria have taken I wonder if the 2008 scenario has much appeal to new players.

I'm not convinced that there is little mileage in converting CMSF to the updated game engine - the flurry of interest in CMBS indicates that there are quite a few who are buying into the modern setting who missed out on CMSF on its first outing.  I think many of those people might just be prepared to give CMSF a go if it was updated.

I'll settle for a version of the game that runs properly, without the 36% bug.

What bug is this? I have CMSF on a 2012 Macbook Pro and Windows 7 64 bit and I haven't seen it on any playthrough. I'm tnot saying it doesn't happen but I'm curious as to what it is. 

I'm not convinced that there is little mileage in converting CMSF to the updated game engine - the flurry of interest in CMBS indicates that there are quite a few who are buying into the modern setting who missed out on CMSF on its first outing.  I think many of those people might just be prepared to give CMSF a go if it was updated.

I have lost count of the amount of people that have just bought Black Sea, liked it, and admitted they have CMSF but haven't played it much. 

I suspect the slightly rocky release of CMSF made people gun shy. It's a shame because it is excellent. 

I stil play a lot of Shock Force. It's still a great game right now. Yes I have all the modules and the latest patch and maybe that's the difference with those who tried it in its earlier days. I want to say though for $10.80 one can get Shock Force off ebay shipping included. I'm thinking the biggest competition for a new Shock Force is the old Shock Force. For $10.80 you can get most of your Modern desert itch scratched right now.  Now as I posted before I would buy a new version myself at full price because I have grown very fond of the subject but I suspect ( and admitedly it's just intuition) that the subject matter is low on most people's set of interests. Battlefront however has a good track method for making calls and I trust they'll make the right  business call for themselves when the decision is made. They have the sales figures of their games. I don't.

I stil play a lot of Shock Force. It's still a great game right now. Yes I have all the modules and the latest patch and maybe that's the difference with those who tried it in its earlier days. I want to say though for $10.80 one can get Shock Force off ebay shipping included. I'm thinking the biggest competition for a new Shock Force is the old Shock Force. For $10.80 you can get most of your Modern desert itch scratched right now.  Now as I posted before I would buy a new version myself at full price because I have grown very fond of the subject but I suspect ( and admitedly it's just intuition) that the subject matter is low on most people's set of interests. Battlefront however has a good track method for making calls and I trust they'll make the right  business call for themselves when the decision is made. They have the sales figures of their games. I don't.

I agree and I think the later modules - Marines onward (once the mission designers have really learnt the ropes of the engine) are up there with some of the best CMx2 experiences you can have.

I have lost count of the amount of people that have just bought Black Sea, liked it, and admitted they have CMSF but haven't played it much. 

I suspect the slightly rocky release of CMSF made people gun shy. It's a shame because it is excellent. 

CMSF did well in sales, and so has Black Sea LOL. The rocky release was made up for by the time it was finished with CMSF. It is still my favorite and one of two video games I ever played in a combat zone. Black Sea is a far far better product but I really still like the theater and terrain of CMSF better. And the NATO module is the best BFC ever did as well, but waiting on an update to CMSF2 might be kind of a long one, but unless I win the lottery and can fund a Pacific WWII game, CMSF2 is what I am salivating for in the coming months or years.