Are we getting new Terrain,Buildings?

I'm certain I've seen references to taller buildings, and they'd pretty much have to include a lot more modern building types. Ukraine is, after all, not some starveling developing-world country, and even they have their concrete buildings and the like. They've got some starters in the SF "building palette", and I'm sure there will be more.

Building have been given all new modern facades and Ukraine-appropriate roofs. The roof/chimney models have been adjusted for the region just recently, I think you can see them in picts in the most recent AAR posts. You have a choice between pitched roofs, low-pitch factor roof and *flat roofs* for shopping malls and such. Most recently a fancy new independent commercial building has shown up, so very recent it might not make it into a scenario! All depends on how the release is timed. There's no great point in reinventing the wheel for buildings. A cottage is still a cottage, a 2 story residence is still a 2 story residence.

As for terrain, modern leaves & grass look like 1940s leaves & grass which look like 1840s leaves & grass. WWII-style cobblestone pavement has been supplemented/replaced with modern concrete sidewalk and 'hot top' asphalt for parking lots and such. I don't think there were any great terrain selection changes because Ukraine is just a stone's-throw from Poland. No need to fashion an entirely new ecosystem.

Just out of curiosity - has Battlefront reveald which areas of Ukraine would be used as battle locations for the game scenarios? There is a big difference between the terrain of East Ukraine (i.e. Donbass) vs West Ukraine vs Crimea... Based on the game's title - the action seems to  take place around the Black Sea.... but is it based in Crimea/Kherson or Odessa or Mariupol?

Edited by DreDay

I think the battles start in the east/north and work their way towards Kiev. The next module with the US Marines will focus nearer the south coast and Crimea. That's just in general, the scenario designers could pick about any location that seemed appropriate as long as it fit in the storyline (nobody's waging battle on the mountainous border with Rumania).

I think the battles start in the east/north and work their way towards Kiev. The next module with the US Marines will focus nearer the south coast and Crimea. That's just in general, the scenario designers could pick about any location that seemed appropriate as long as it fit in the storyline (nobody's waging battle on the mountainous border with Rumania).

Thank you good sir for clarifying this. It certainly makes sense. I am well aware that individual gamers can make their scenarios based on any location; but it would also be very interesting to adjust the tactics based on the (mostly) open steps of Eastern Ukraine vs. the rolling hills of Crimea. Seems like a very wise and sensible decision by the game designers.