The CM Theater is open! Post cinematic CMFI vids here.

Vinnart

Yes.  This is just maddening. I might add that when using "more reply" options there is really no additional buttons etc. I can see in the posting menu.  I just don't understand this.  I embed videos at other forums.  They usually have a YouTube video button and I paste the address in there and wallah...video embedded.

Edited by Frankster65

Yes.  This is just maddening. I might add that when using "more reply" options there is really no additional buttons etc. I can see in the posting menu.  I just don't understand this.  I embed videos at other forums.  They usually have a YouTube video button and I paste the address in there and wallah...video embedded.

Frankster, I went through a similar mystery with posting screen shots. It would not let me, and always just posted the link like you are experiencing with the vids. What ended up working for me with the pics was to right click on the pic at photobucket ,and selecting "Copy image address" then pasting that with the image icon in the reply box options. Try doing something similar. Right click on the vid at youtube, and try pasting getting the address that way. Experiment with different ways, and the nut will crack eventually. If you have done it right the video will appear in the reply box. If wrong it will look like a url address. Good luck.

I think what he was using is shorthand for f@%! Meaning he is still having problems embedding vids.

Frankster, have you tried a different browser to see if the problem is still there?

LOL...yes and no.  The "f" was there because I needed to post something due to my inability to delete a post.  Forum software said I needed to post something with at least one character.  I had tried the other instructions from you and others one last time in order to attempt to embed a video.  It did not work yet again so "f" was just the first button my fingers had touched.  I have not tried any other browsers.  I'm using the latest "Internet Explorer" and see no need to install or use another.  I'm not going to waste any more time on this and will just forget about posting any videos in this forum.  Thank you for the help though.  Cheers.

The Taking of Lemon Hill

Did that.  See the result.  No embedded video.  Just a link.  This should not be difficult.

Test, okay here is what I found Frankster. When posting hit the top left icon on the tool bar to see actual formatted text. Your post has a URL tag around it, Jargotn's does not. I quoted you then edited your post to remove the excess, now it shows the vid.

Edited by sburke

Mystery solved then. If you use the url icon to insert the link it behaves as a link and looks like this in the "show codes" view:

[url=http://youtu.be/Geeo3tK8PZ8]http://youtu.be/Geeo3tK8PZ8[/url]
Vs. just inserting the link as text which looks like this (and is automatiically converted into an embeded video):

http://youtu.be/Geeo3tK8PZ8]http://youtu.be/Geeo3tK8PZ8
Excellent. Edited by ian.leslie

Test, okay here is what I found Frankster. When posting hit the top left icon on the tool bar to see actual formatted text. Your post has a URL tag around it, Jargotn's does not. I quoted you then edited your post to remove the excess, now it shows the vid.

Some good detective work there Burke. Lets hope it works for Frankster, but it sounds like it should.

Glad you got things worked out Frankster. The way you are adding commentary for your style of movie making is good to keep it informative while not being intrusive.

It is also handy in putting to use that big border region down below where menu interface is. That way no text gets in the way of the actual picture. ;)

OK here is one of mine from a way back:

Oh, I like it that you posted this.

As I RECALL THIS might have been one of the first scenarios we played against each other.

Ian, had positioned himself in this building, which really was a perfect location for stopping my advance. He had a great view for nailing any troops that tried entering buildings that faced a street which needed crossed and I was not able to get a good bead on his troops, thus making it a great strong point.

That was until I decided to try this little trick and breach from the 3rd floor and hopefully get a jump on him. What it does not show is that I also poured troops into the few locations that he had been guarding against.

So with that firepower also, it was helping to keep him pinned. Plus once his units routed. They were being gunned down in the street and ally he was fleeing to.

It was a nice way to get to know each other.

Frankster65,

I am glad you solved that issue with posting. I'd have hated to see you throw in the towel and we miss your videos.

What program do you use?

Thanks kohlenklau. For capturing video I use Fraps and for putting the pieces of video together into an AAR I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio. Not the professional expensive one but the smaller less expensive version.

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. A couple of things regarding my showing in that scenario; one, I had the preplanned artillery starting out at 15 minutes into the simulation with the exception of one battery firing at 10 minutes into the scenario. This means that for at least until the 30 minute mark I had artillery coming down on the U.S. paratroops continually, while my troops maneuvered from stone fence to stone fence. This really created chaos for the AI ENY paratroopers and kept my casualties down. Two, while my artillery was harassing and causing damage to ENY paratroops, my HMG teams, brixia mortar teams and assault squads were able to set-up without interference in excellent positions with LOS and therefore add to the destruction of the ENY positions. Three, I had tanks and they did not. Big plus for me. It was a good exercise in maneuver and combined arms tactics while not up against the first team for the other side.

Having said that, I didn't realize that my artillery batteries would not resupply between missions and for this next one, I have virtually no artillery available because they are all out of ammo. I think I will get my com up pence in this next mission in the campaign due to that and the fact I think U.S. tanks will show up in the next mission.

It is either the second or third mission in the "Fleeting Moment" single player campaign in CMFI. In it you are leading elements of the Livorno Assault Division in Sicily. Pretty fun and the Italian TO&E is quite challenging to use.

• 2 weeks later...