The CM Theater thread! post cinematic RT vids here.

Vinnart

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

I always thought the Germans were pretty tight. Here's your proof. A Budding Bromance in the heat of battle @ 13:56

"Hast du Zigaretten? Ja, mein Lieber. Aber nicht fur dich."

"Do you have any cigarettes? Yes, Lover. But not for you."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello BF forum members,

I recently produced an AAR 'film' of a PBEM game I played out with Rico from The Few Good Men, as part of Rico's Cross of Iron multiplayer campaign.

I particularly enjoyed the final episode I played, called Blunting the Spear, and decided to make a film out of it. Rather than go for a standard PBEM game, Rico role played the Soviet side which made for a great experience for the German commanders. My encounter turned into a huge tank KO fest which I thought would make for a good AAR subject. So as a homage to Rico's campaign I've put together a film of the battle.

I've adopted a different style on this occasion to my usual commentary AARs, and tried to produce something which tells more of a story to reflect the fantastic storyline Rico developed for Cross of Iron.

On a separate note, I also hope the BF crew recognise my love for the game they've created. I'm a little annoyed that my work IP address has been banned from accessing BF's sites. I presume they've marked me down as a 'bad egg' for questioning the content of the upcoming CM Bulge release on the FGM forum (it's my understanding that BF staff have read the thread there). Please note this BF, when I've been critical of CM, it's always been out of a love for the game and a desire to see it become the best game it can, rather than a want to undermine it. I would appreciate it if you could take my work IP address off your ban list, I've tried emailing you about the subject but had no response. 

Even if only in  a small way, I hope the few CM videos I've made over the years have helped to market your game and increase its audience. At the very least I hope the hundreds of hours I've put into making them demonstrate that I'm not some destructive CM troll.

All the best (and hoping you don't ban my home IP address)

Odin

@ Odin

I had a choice of watching either "World War II in Colour" on Netflix or your video. I chose the latter and was not disappointed.

The juxtaposition of battle scenes with a series of B&W stills was truly original. Colour me "impressed".

Edited by BLSTK

On a separate note, I also hope the BF crew recognise my love for the game they've created. I'm a little annoyed that my work IP address has been banned from accessing BF's sites. I presume they've marked me down as a 'bad egg' for questioning the content of the upcoming CM Bulge release on the FGM forum (it's my understanding that BF staff have read the thread there). Please note this BF, when I've been critical of CM, it's always been out of a love for the game and a desire to see it become the best game it can, rather than a want to undermine it. I would appreciate it if you could take my work IP address off your ban list, I've tried emailing you about the subject but had no response. 

Even if only in  a small way, I hope the few CM videos I've made over the years have helped to market your game and increase its audience. At the very least I hope the hundreds of hours I've put into making them demonstrate that I'm not some destructive CM troll.

All the best (and hoping you don't ban my home IP address)

Since I began working here we have never, not once, punished anyone for being critical of the game or certain aspects of it by banning them from the forum, or restricting their access. Being incredibly unconstructive or disruptive in the process, yes, but not for simply being critical. ** I know for a fact that your access wasn't banned or restricted for anything you said on another forum. And our supposed tactic of repression doesn't even make any sense: why would we ban your work IP address, and not just ban your forum account altogether? The fact that you are even posting this on our forums should be proof enough that whatever happened with your access from work wasn't some sort of act of silencing you on our part.

Send me a private message and I'll see what I can do about your access from work. I will definitely need more information from you, because looking at your forum account there are no holds or restrictions on it.

And lastly, thank you for your work on the videos. It's always humbling to see people willing to invest that much time and effort in something I've been involved with. Guys like you help make this community what it is.

** Which as a side note is a distinction that some people have a difficult time making, but that is not in your case

Odin, Battlefront blocks certain IP's not per what individual said or did but per how the particular IP is tagged in the IP risk assesment list. Mine was banned to for some time. Sometimes whole geo regions are banned and not just some IP's from the area. It also depends on what safety measures your IP provider has.

So it's not personal as you can see. ;) Also Battlefront can't control the IP block list - it's their provider who does.

A side note about IP blocking since I just dealt with a customer who was blocked.

We have a sensible security system which automatically filters out suspect or confirmed problem IPs (specific) or ranges (general). I don't want to get into the specifics of what we use, just know that we don't usually ban IPs or ranges on our own.

Unfortunately, sometimes a range is polluted enough by hackers and spammers that the entire range is shut down. This can be overcome if the customer has a fixed IP (i.e. we can clear that one specific IP number), but there's nothing we can do if the IP is dynamic.

In the case of the customer I just helped out, his IP was specifically blocked because it was found to be a path for spambots. It was blocked, I unblocked it, it was immediately blocked again. And not just a little, this one scored a 100% on the scale of bad behavior. What is going on then? The customer has a malware virus that is using his computer/IP to spam the Internet. Therefore, it was rightly blocked. Once the customer fixes his virus issue I can unblock it again and everything should be right as rain.

Steve