The CM Theater thread! post cinematic RT vids here.

Vinnart

Thanks for clearing that up Steve. I wouldn't surprise me if that was the situation with my work PC. It got infected with malware a few months back. I think I've managed to clear it now, but it could well explain things. Apologies once again for my boob-up!

Edited by Odin

Absolutely great work on that movie Odin! You have a very good eye for camera shots, and editing. The subtitles added much in keeping the viewer more involved with following the narrative of the action. Thanks for contributing, awesome job!

Glad BF got your IP thing squared away. This thread was created precisely for guys like you.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a quick (err--not cinematic) video lark: thirteen minutes of turn-based play threaded together continuously from a single camera angle. It shows Phase I of a town assault (Huge SP QB Probe with a 20% advantage to the Germans). I’ve got a battalion of 43 Soviet infantry (ATRs, ATGs, and some MGs stripped), supported by two companies of T-34/76s, arty and some AA units. The Germans have a Grenadier battalion, supported by two Tigers, a company of 50mm ATGs, plentiful arty and two Stukas. All units are Typical.

Before I started saving the replays, the Stukas took out most of a platoon of my infantry in the setup zone. The MG team charging in the advance on my left flank is doing so because its MG was knocked out earlier. And, yes, there are a few friendly fire incidents with my tanks. I misjudged the elevation and they hit the trees near my troops a couple of times.

Enjoy!

Edited by Macisle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

new video

Damn. :( I was just about to post a vid of this battle and find you've done one already. :P  Looks like we tried a different approach (as the Germans) but both still got beaten. It looks like you have some mods going on in there too. Do you know what they are?  :D

Here's my version of TANKOVYI DESANT. It's a bit of a slow starter but hopefully the end is worth it. I also didn't put in a story line thinking on this occasion it was best left to the viewer. Another thing I left out was the music as some people commented on YOUTUBE they couldn't view it due to some issues with copyright in the country they were living in. Hope you enjoy it.   :D

Edited by PaulMD

Yes there is such a mod and CM movie makers are using it. Forgot the name but it should be something down the "no cross" name line. :)

Yeah. I've used one before for other vids. I was thinking there would be one specifically for RT. Maybe that isn't the case. I'll have to go and look for the old one I used on a previous CM game. Thanks for replying  :D

Really enjoyed your wee film PaulMD. The shaky camera and low, close up view is really effective. Nice one :)

Thank you for saying so. I see you live in the highlands. Just came back from Plockton near the Isle of Skye last week after six days holiday. I've never seen anywhere so beautiful.  :D

@ChrisND my apologies for misunderstanding the situation, and thank you for looking into the matter. I'll try to get hold of my work IP and will PM it to you, your time is much appreciated.

Hey Odin, just saw this - I have a similar problem.  The source of it is my company PC and some of the enforced settings they have on it.  It has resulted in my work and home IPs getting blocked.  It took me a bit to realize that was the source.  Now I just avoid using the work PC to access the forum, instead I use my iPad which does not cause any issues.

Now back to watching your video!

Thank you for saying so. I see you live in the highlands. Just came back from Plockton near the Isle of Skye last week after six days holiday. I've never seen anywhere so beautiful.  :D

Hi Paul

Aye I'm just down the road south of Inverness. Plockton is a grand wee place set amongst some very impressive scenery. Skye is also worth a visit. I've spent more time up on the mountains in the Highlands than down in the glens so I don't often see how great it is at sea level a lot of the time! I'm planning on heading up that way tomorrow to stretch my legs and bag a few Munros.

Cheery!

George

Paul, George...this is Ringo. Has anyone seen John?

Seriously though, we shouldn't be advertising the natural/national treasure that is Skye. Let it be our little secret. 

Incidentally, have either of you hiked in The Cuillins or seen The Old Man of Storr...up close?

Paul, George...this is Ringo. Has anyone seen John?

Seriously though, we shouldn't be advertising the natural/national treasure that is Skye. Let it be our little secret. 

Incidentally, have either of you hiked in The Cuillins or seen The Old Man of Storr...up close?

Hi Paul

Aye I'm just down the road south of Inverness. Plockton is a grand wee place set amongst some very impressive scenery. Skye is also worth a visit. I've spent more time up on the mountains in the Highlands than down in the glens so I don't often see how great it is at sea level a lot of the time! I'm planning on heading up that way tomorrow to stretch my legs and bag a few Munros.

Cheery!

George

I agree Ringo. It should be kept a secret. i only discovered the Kyle because I went for a funeral... not mine...obviously. Before we went to Plockton i told everyone we were heading for Trumpton which put them off the trail. I've not hiked but i did the little trek over to the Lighthouse at Neast Point. Not a long way admittedly, at least not from the car park  :rolleyes:  but far enough on the day. The rain was horizontal blowing in one ear and out the other.  :D. Skye itself is amazing. i wanted to see the settlement where, so i am told, some of the veterans from the battle of Waterloo settled but time forbade it. Am hoping to go back next year. Enjoy your Munros George... whatever they are  :P

Hi Guys

@Paul - I've rock climbed at neist Point (It's a great spot for climbing, with good rock). Munros are mountains in Scotland over 914m (a few other criteria to qualify a s Munro rather than a Top).

@BLSTK - I've been on the Cuillin Ridge loads over the past 30 years. I've guided (and continue to guide) people along the ridge, plus done a lot of rock climbing in the Cuillin. One of the most unique mountain experiences in the UK. More alpine than anything. If you want to see something truly wild check out Danny McAskill riding the ridge on his bike. he's a local loon (although originally from Dunvegan on Skye).

@Greg - cheers mate. i survived! 

Glad to hear it, George. But we really must keep it a secret. Between you and Paul and me and that busload of tourists accompanied by The Irrepressible Scot, Sir George Drummond, Esquire, our driver-tour guide extraordinaire.

Climbing to The Old Man of Storr was the most otherworldly experience I've ever had. Like the Killer Rabbit sketch form Monty Python, only minus the Rabbit and come to think of it... minus The Python.

Edited by BLSTK