Sign in to follow this  
Euri

Strangest thing: Bloody Aalst! crashes when loading WEGO (only)!

Normally my CMBN is very very stable. Only in this scenario I have this strange thing: 

I have finished the previous battle in RT and loaded Bloody Aalst. I saw the map scale and decided to play WEGO. Every time I reload the save and choose Turn Based, the loader crashes at 77%. I tried it 5-6 times, even after restart. I then tried RT, and although it got stuck a bit at 77%, then it loaded ok.

I am playing on a 64-bit Windows 7 with 8 GB RAM with a GeForce GTX 560M

Any ideas

After many attempts I managed to load wego Bloody Alaast. I am now 30 rounds in the game and it keeps hanging at a point where I press GO. Can you please offer any suggestions. I use the vanilla version of 3.11. No mods. Specs as per previous post.

OK! DEVELOPERS ALERT

I now have a tested theory for the 2nd crash - the one occurring during the calculation for the WEGO phase.  

I had ordered to hunt towards a 1st waypoint then assume a very narrow cover arc to spot a tank destroyer 550m distance and keep hunting until a last (2nd) waypoint). This resulted in a crash during the calculation phase. When I removed the cover arc there was no crash during caclulation!

Is it not that strange?

PS. I have the saved files if anyone wishes to reproduce

Edited by Euri

hi there,

did you get it solved? the reason I am asking is I now am at the same point in the campaign

and it will not load at all. 77% then crashes to desktop, played WEGO all through campaign

no problems till now. game 3.11.

Just groping in the dark here :)

Philo

Hey guys, I'm in the same boat.. How did you proceed if it just crashes or hangs.. I've never had an issue with CMBN since the day it came out til this mission.

I almost exclusively only play the campaigns and i cant pass this mission because it crashes (no mods both real time and wego and different gfx settings) Anyone have any ideas on how i can make it to the next mission?

Guess no love from Battlefront on this issue..

When you see this forum above the main forum there is a note right below where you click and the note says

"This is a "self-help" community for technical support for CM Battle for Normandy. To request support from our staff, please go to www.battlefront.com/helpdesk and click on Submit Ticket."

Sign in to follow this