Which module would you like first?

franci

Which module would you like first?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which module would you like first?

• Marines, VDV and Naval Infantry (this means T-80s!)
    • British Forces
    • NATO west Europe and Canada
    • NATO east Europe (post-Cold War)
    • Unconventionals
    • ANZAC (quite far, but why not?)
  2. 2. Between west Europe countries, which one?(don't say your country)

• Germany
    • France
    • Canada (yes, i know that it's not in europe)
    • Italy
    • Netherlands
    • Belgium
    • Spain
    • Denmark
    • Norway
    • Portugal
    • Greece
    • Turkey

this thread is NOT a question from battlefront.com and it doesn't influence developers choices, i just wanted to know what others people thinks

RULE: on the second question don't choose your country because if everyone does it the thread would be "where do you come from?"

i personnally chose France because i would like to see Leclerc tanks!

sorry for my bad english, but i'm an italian high school student  :)

Edited by franci

RULE: on the second question don't choose your country because if everyone does it the thread would be "where do you come from?"

What is wrong with that, choosing the country you come from i mean? I would totally understand it if somebody does that, i would love to see the austrian Bundesheer too, despite it beeing laughably small and badly equipped when compared to countries like Germany or the US. I also prefer to play as Germany in the CMx2 WW2 titles because it was my grandfathers army, you know, i can somehow relate to that, and i even have a pair of binoculars from back than. I think it is absolutely normal to pick that country or faction you can relate to most, weather it is the US, Germany or New Zealand.  I am absolutely sure for example that most if not all USMC veterans on the forum are going to pick the USMC module as their personal favorite.

Poland, Germany, UK and US Marines

Seconded.  Of the four, I would want Poland the most.  Worked with them in AFG.  Impressive conventional soldiers, and very solid home-produced kit.

Although, throwing in the Turks, Kurds,Georgians,  and Azerbaijani's might be interesting.  No idea the equipment mix of the latter two anymore, but could make for another plausible dust up.  Would obviously not occur in Ukraine though.  Hmm...

Not that they really would be a valid choice, seeing that they aren't a NATO member and aren't really equipped for a prolonged engagement.

Since the end of the cold war the austrian armed forces have shrunk by factor of 5, from 250,000 total mobilized strength in 1986 to approximately 50,000 total mobilized strength in 2014. Demobilized strengh is currently about 14,000 men, of which approximately 5000 could be considered "combat worthy" when compared to the conventional troops of the the worlds leading military nations. Theoretically there would be some capabilities to participate in a conflict abroad, but there is absolutely no political will to do so.

Probably not a valid or 'realistic' choice given the scenario, but I'd love to see some Israeli armor in a CM game.

Given the choices though, Marines & Naval guys I guess.

Well, you never know one day BF may return to the ME fr a general cnflagration. perhaps based on IS. And then they would have to iclude Israel, Turkey, Iran, Hezbolla, US, NATO.... One can always have megalomaniac dreams of this sort!" :D

Non-NATO nation, for one thing, and it would be quite a stretch to work in a plausible scenario where they would show up in the middle of Eastern Europe.

There is a joke about a Polish soldier who finds an old bottle on the banks of the Vistula. When he opens it, surew enough out pops a genie wqho grants the Pole the traditional three wishes.

"For my first wish," says the Pole "I would like the Chinese Army to invade Poland".

Months later, the invasion over the genie returns to grant the sencod wish

"For my secondwish," says the Pole "I would like the Chinese Army to invade Poland.

Months later, the invasion over the genie returns to grant the third wish

"For my third wish," says the Pole "I would like the Chinese Army to invade Poland.

By this time the genie is curious and asks why the Pole keeps asking for the same thing each time, thus wasting his wishes.

"But don't you see," says the Pole " For the Chinese army to ivade Poland three times they must pass through Russia six times!" :)

I voted Eastern Nato countries for the first and French for the second but, to be true, I would be quite surprised if they should appear in the first module for real.

BTW, last time I read something about Polish Army they had quite a mix of western and soviet equipments. How is the situation now?

Voted eastern nato i.e. Poland, because they would most definitely get stuck in if push comes to shove. Germany was my reluctant western choice, simply because they are one of the strongest militaries nearby, even though IRL they would probably have a 100 reasons not to get involved militarily.

Edited by kuri