Is this a good idea? "Kohlenklau's Quick Battle Bistro Bar"

I read a thread over in the CMBS forum where a player wants more small scenarios due to time constraints in RL. The OP also dislikes the QB force selection that the AI usually comes up with and also doesn't like the loss of FOW if he does a human pick and then plays against what he already knows is there. Sounds legitimate. So, I got to thinking and we all know that is dangerous. 

I first came up with this:

I have an idea. Long ago in some other thread I proposed this and I can't remember anyone taking me up on it. I guess nobody did.

Maybe you need a "QB AI Purchase Buddy"?. I can help you out with a few.

I just ran a test and here is how it would work. 

Step 1: 2 People are "QB Player" and "QB AI Purchase Buddy". They need to make sure they have same version of the game. 

Step 2: "QB Player" starts a QB and sends screen shot of settings to "QB AI Purchase Buddy". Of course force selection is human for both sides.

Step 3: "QB Player" then selects his own side and sends screenshot of purchase screen to "QB AI Purchase Buddy". He can add notes for any desired details on tweaks.

Step 4: "QB AI Purchase Buddy" then fires up "old Bessy" and creates the QB to the above specs and of course purchases the AI forces with human craftiness.

Step 5: "QB AI Purchase Buddy" then saves the game and e-mails/dropboxes it to "QB Player".

Step 6: "QB Player" opens the save game to see the map with his forces in their set-up zones waiting for him to adjust their positions and enjoy the game.

Swim buddy, drinking buddy, dive buddy. Now "QB AI Purchase Buddy". We got to stick together! 

PM me if you want to run a test to see how long it takes. Or do it with another person who is your actual buddy from PBEM HTH battle.

Well, maybe that was not a good idea. Nobody bit at the hook yet.

Then I thought maybe just create a folder of these ready to play quick battles? And provide a link to where they are stashed...

If someone wants a 30 minute quick battle with FOW and a human was involved in selecting the enemy force, they have a place to go.

No big briefings, no images, tac maps, op maps. Just right to the battle.

What do you think? No offense taken, is it even a good idea? What are the drawbacks?

Well, I think it is a brilliant idea. But that is hardly surprising, as I had the same idea several years ago. :) The only reason I never did anything about it is that I very rarely play QB´s.

But if anyone need a "QB Purchase Buddy" - just send me a PM.

Sure Heirloom. Thanks! How about you PM me the info you'd put in your text file if that is how you want to do it?

Then later today I will make the CMFI GL QB's and save as bts files and send you a link to a dropbox.

I can do vice versa to you as PM later when I have the game at hand. At work now...

By the way, my favorite heirloooms to grow and eat are Black Krim tomatoes! Do you garden?

Edited by kohlenklau

Sent you a pm.

I garden a fair amount.  My wife and I have grown some produce for our local farmers market for the last several years.  I tried Black Krims this year and unfortunately we lost them to the tomato blight.  The only tomatoes we had any real success this year were the Amish Paste, but nothing ever seems to kill them.

The goal at this Quick Battle Bistro Bar is to quickly serve up something fresh and tasty and get you moving on with your fun.

Last night we did some experimenting....

Heirloom_Tomato was my first customer. He strolled into the bistro bar and had a seat on a stool and there I was cleaning a cup.

"Canadian Army mixed force attacking in light snow December 1943 against a Luftwaffe Fallschirmjager infantry force. Small battle, 30 minutes." 

Well, the salesman who sold me the Krupps-Braun EspressoBattleMatic seemed to operate it so easily. I had a bit of trouble and AI groups were leaking all over the place and bits of rarity were floating in the cup. I told him to please return tomorrow and we'd be able to tend to his needs.