A not very exciting Christmas Bone this year

Well looking online on Google search I found - Germans referred to it as Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein ("Operation Watch on the Rhine"), while French named it the Bataille des Ardennes ("Battle of the Ardennes"). The Allies (US/UK) called it the Ardennes Counteroffensive. The phrase "Battle of the Bulge" came around later pioneered by the press at that time and became the MOST popular.

It is my impression that the Battle of the Bulge name is mostly limited to english speaking countries (In danish it is called "the Ardennes Offensive")

I predict that BFC is sticking with x2 for the foreseeable future (i.e., the next year at least). x3 might make its debut in a couple of years. Or not. x4 strikes me as so far over the horizon as to be outside the realm of reasonable speculation.

Of course, the intrusion of the unexpected could knock all of that into a cocked hat, but it's my best guess.

Michael

Michael I was asking about the version of the CMx2 engine... version 3 (what we have now) or version 4 (new and exciting features). On release CMBN was version 1 of the CMx2 engine, CMFI was version 2, while CMRT and CMBS were/will be version version 3.

So... Guys ? Ardennes will be a look back to WWII after BFC focused on Black Sea (2017)

Would this imply that certain 'features' or 'know-how' attained in Black Sea will find their way to Ardennes ? (Of course I'm not talking about machines & equipment, but game features)

In my mind - the 'latest' game release (or module) should contain the latest flavors / perks / captivating characters that is not immediately evident in previous releases.

Do I manage to express myself without confusing you all :) ?

This is a great Christmas bone! The one thing I hope we'll see (and I know it's a minor thing in the overall scope of the game) is some better looking pine trees. Pines that scream "Hey, I am a pine tree!" The ones we have right now just don't look/feel very "piney" to me.

Sounds like it's gonna be another great CMing year! Lots of cool things ahead.

Mord.

I  want our good old M4A3E2 & Thunderbolts VII(Abram's reinforced armor version of M4A3E8) back !Oh,105mm & 155mm VT shells just as well.....

Am I right the Thunderbolt VII is different than a Jumbo Sherman?

Also I think it should be mentioned the Western front does not have Hetzers yet. I would certainly expect to see them in a Bulge game.

AWell looking online on Google search I found - Germans referred to it as Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein ("Operation Watch on the Rhine"), ...

Germans refer to it as 'Ardennenoffensive'. The only association I have with 'Wacht Am Rhein' is to a song of that name.

O.K.W. documents from late 1944 refer to "Wacht am Rhein". As far as I know, it was deliberately given a defensive sounding name to mis-lead the Allies. Of course, that doesn't stop it from having passed into German history as the "Ardenneoffensive". And no reason why we can't call it both, or call it the Battle of the Bulge. After all, Waterloo has at least three names that I can think of.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

The up-armored Shermans are in the game for sure.  These were made by cutting apart hulls from unrepairable Shermans and welding them onto runners.  This was not a modification that was widely loved as they caused major repair problems since the Sherman's suspension was not designed to handle all that extra weight on the nose.  I think the standard tanker's response was "not my problem!"

Steve

O.K.W. documents from late 1944 refer to "Wacht am Rhein". As far as I know, it was deliberately given a defensive sounding name to mis-lead the Allies. Of course, that doesn't stop it from having passed into German history as the "Ardenneoffensive". And no reason why we can't call it both, or call it the Battle of the Bulge. After all, Waterloo has at least three names that I can think of.

Thanks for the secondment ! :)