A not very exciting Christmas Bone this year

We had planned on showing you a couple of shots of what we've been working on alongside of CM Black Sea.  Some last minute glitches made that not really possible with the amount of time we had left.  So you're going to have to deal with a slightly-better-than-coal-in-your-stocking bone for this year.

Here it 'tis!

Development on the Ardennes (name not determined yet) Family is well along.  In fact, we intend to start early testing of the game in a few weeks.  What will the game include?  I'm so glad you asked!

The Base Game includes US Army, German Heer, and German Waffen SS forces covering the timeframe of October through January.  This includes Fall and Winter weather, terrain, vehicle textures, and uniforms.  It also includes new vehicles and TO&E, as well as more subtle things which set the tone for the latest war period we've yet covered with CMx2. 

Some new vehicles to play with:

M24 Chaffee

M36 Jackson

Jagdtiger

Flammpanzer 38(t)

There's others too, but off the top of my head that's what I have for you right now.  Though for sure there are some other fun ones (cough --- Sturmtiger --- cough) that will make their debut this time around.

We are planning two Modules for the Ardennes game:

Module 1 = Commonwealth + Luftwaffe Forces

Module 2 = extending the timeframe to the end of the war

So, with that, Merry Christmas and what not to you all!

Steve

Amazing news !! Re: naming... Well looking online on Google search I found - Germans referred to it as Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein ("Operation Watch on the Rhine"), while French named it the Bataille des Ardennes ("Battle of the Ardennes"). The Allies (US/UK) called it the Ardennes Counteroffensive. The phrase "Battle of the Bulge" came around later pioneered by the press at that time and became the MOST popular.

You mentioned Jagdtiger twice, did you perhaps mean Sturmtiger the second time? '

P.S. you called the M36 the Jackson. Someone will be along shortly to address that.

Fixed half of it :)  I'm insistent upon calling the M36 the "Jackson", and I don't care who knows it!  But I do refuse to call the M36B1 the "Slugger".  That's just stupid.

Steve

Is the new game going to be version 3 or version 4 of the game engine?

I predict that BFC is sticking with x2 for the foreseeable future (i.e., the next year at least). x3 might make its debut in a couple of years. Or not. x4 strikes me as so far over the horizon as to be outside the realm of reasonable speculation.

Of course, the intrusion of the unexpected could knock all of that into a cocked hat, but it's my best guess.

Michael