Anybody that didn't play CMSF gonna get CMBS?

Mord

Bought the whole CMSF series to support BF even though modern combat was definitely not my cup of tea.

Nevertheless I learnt a lot while playing it. When CMBN showed up I got hooked by WWII again and never launched CMSF ever again.

With Black Sea nearing completion I'm still wondering if I will buy it or not. To be completely honest, I'm a tad skeptical about US weapons and vehicles not being über-modelled.

Especially given that the game will allow us to play with new weapons whose combat characteristics are largely unknown. Had to say it. Done.

Of course, if french vehicles were to be introduced in CMBS I'd be more willing to give it a go ;-)

Am I the only one longing to see Leclerq tanks in action on CM battlefield?

Edited by jhmorneau

To be completely honest, I'm a tad skeptical about US weapons and vehicles not being über-modelled.

Do you want US uber gear? Cause if you do you will be disappointed.

Are you worried the US equipment will be over modeled? I don't believe you will find that. I know there will be loads of gripping that it is but I will not buy it. We already have people complaining every tank is over modeled. For some people, the instant they loose their kit they blame the game.

All three armies have some nice kit that is very powerful. The T90 is awesome as is the BMP 3. So far one of my favorites is the T84. Are they M1s, no, but any one of those can kill an M1 if you play your tactics right.

In terms of play balance, CMBS will be more "even" than CMSF.

In CMSF, I played many Red vs Blue PBEM game, won some as Red, lost some as Blue. The Syrians could win against NATO as long as you used the proper tactics.

In CMBS, the two sides are a lot closer in terms of capabilities. The U.S. Army in CMBS is basically the same as in CMSF, however, the Russian Army is much more capable than the Syrian: better equipment, more flexible, more responsive.

The biggest surprise however are the RUS vs UKR scenarios. Both sides use similar kits and have similar capabilities. Its an interesting twist on the old Red vs Red CMSF scenarios.

Edited by Sgt Joch