New Cinematic CMRT Vid: "Hill 527"

Macisle

Another editing challenge was trying to make the infantry look as good as possible. As someone said, that is an area really screaming for some further lovin' from BF. In fact, adding/smoothing the infantry animations to make them more life-like is number one on my CM wish list now. Seriously.

Macisle

+1 on that  I know it is a ton of work, but it is worth it.

Thanks again for the compliments, guys! They really added to my holiday cheer.

Great. But why T-34 didn't penetrate Tiger? Track added some thickness to armor?

The T-34/85 that dented the Tiger was rather unlucky during my captures (but VERY lucky for the Tiger and my storyline!). I think the distance was right at the tipping point where a T-34/85 has a good chance of taking out a Tiger, but it's not guaranteed. 

However, any of the T-34/85s that crested the hill and managed to get a close-range shot off against the Tiger killed it right away--through the front armor like a hot knife through warm butter. Of course, that footage got left on the cutting room floor to facilitate my cliff hanger ending.

Also, when I want back to an earlier game save (a very early one as the later ones wouldn't open) and tried to get more footage of the Tiger vs T34 duel (to show a blow-by-blow for the dents), the Tiger always died too early, so I gave up.

I think my initial captures were just luck. I've no idea if the track mounting makes any difference.

Oh, on my game save issue...my hard drive got a consistent BSOD problem, happening from 1-10 minutes after booting under any/all conditions a few days after finishing the movie. So, the CMRT issue may have been resulting from a general problem with Windows, rather than the game itself. I've since done a fresh reinstall on a different hard drive (so much for Windows Backup. Yes, Microsoft, people don't always need to restore a system image to the SAME hard disk. Sheesh!), but haven't gotten to the point where I can reinstall CMRT and test yet.

It may be awhile before I can get CMRT loaded and test the game saves to see if they work on the fresh drive.

Sugoi yo!

I liked at around 2:02 when the girl takes off her... hold it, wrong video!

At 2:02 when the Soviet infantry on foot cut across the path of the T-34/85. It seemed nicely cinematic. 

Hey! Are you taking some college course and using this as your semester project? Hmm? If so, good idea!

I hope all is well in Nihon.

Sugoi yo!

I liked at around 2:02 when the girl takes off her... hold it, wrong video!

At 2:02 when the Soviet infantry on foot cut across the path of the T-34/85. It seemed nicely cinematic. 

Hey! Are you taking some college course and using this as your semester project? Hmm? If so, good idea!

I hope all is well in Nihon.

Arigatou!

No, that's my next video, Contact Mission: Bed Thunder.

I'll have to get live actresses for that. Maybe it's finally time to open some of those "Russian Singles" emails forever clogging up my Junk folder.

I'm not taking any classes. What actually sparked my doing the video was a friend watching some TwitchTV footage of CM and commenting that it just wasn't cinematic enough for him. So, I decided to do the video to show how cinematic CM can be when you are watching the replays from the right levels and angles.

Things are good in Old Mama Nihon. -Just effing cold with lots of snow and rain.

Excellent vid Macisle! I sent the link to my cousin I am trying to get into playing CM.

You should make more movies. I watched it again, and you really have a good eye for directing/editing. I am going to start a thread similar to a "Screen shot Thread" called "CM Theater" for artistic CM vids such as this. I also think the mods you used give it so much more character and realistic look. Great job!

Edited by Vinnart