Sign in to follow this  
grunt_GI

Master installer and DVD

So..am a little confused about how this master installer will work for those Luddites (me) that buy DVDs

So when my CMFI/GL bundle, plus 3.0, which I just ordered, arrives on DVD it will include the master installer?

And I bought the old CMBN MAC DVD big bundle with 2.0 and all the modules then downloaded 3.0 and 3.11.. Do I need to redownload and reinstall 3.0 and 3.11 to get this master installer?

Finally assume my CMBS on DVD will have have the master installer?

Thanks.

So..am a little confused about how this master installer will work for those Luddites (me) that buy DVDs

So when my CMFI/GL bundle, plus 3.0, which I just ordered, arrives on DVD it will include the master installer?

And I bought the old CMBN MAC DVD big bundle with 2.0 and all the modules then downloaded 3.0 and 3.11.. Do I need to redownload and reinstall 3.0 and 3.11 to get this master installer?

Finally assume my CMBS on DVD will have have the master installer?

Thanks.

CMFI is not yet updated. This only pertains to CMBN at the moment.

If you have C!BN 3.11 running already at the moment, you don't need to do anything at all. Should you ever need to reinstall, then you can simply redownload the 3.0 Upgrade. It will have all you need.

CMBS will be released with the new system already, yes. This doesn't mean much for DVDs, of course.

Martin

Ok I'm not a tech guy...just a dumb aviator so pardon my questions...

I assume my CMBS on DVD will have the master installer?

And I assume that any patches or new modules can be added to my MAC CMBN 3.11 as is?

Since I own CMRT patched to 1.03 I am good for whatever comes next year?

When I get my CMFI with my CMBS (I bought them at they same time) I install and patch (when needed) like I normally would?

Thanks much for your patience.

Cheers

I assume my CMBS on DVD will have the master installer?

Yes, the CMBS did will be a master installer. But, for a 1.0 release on a DVD there is not going to be any difference to a "normal" installer.

And I assume that any patches or new modules can be added to my MAC CMBN 3.11 as is?

Yes.

Since I own CMRT patched to 1.03 I am good for whatever comes next year?

Yes, you don't need to do anything.

When I get my CMFI with my CMBS (I bought them at they same time) I install and patch (when needed) like I normally would?

If CMBS is released before CMFI is converted, then yes. If CMFI is converted by then, you'll get a master disc for CMFI which you won't need to patch. You won't need to patch CMBS in any case.

Martin