Combat Mission: Red Thunder v1.03 patch (PC/Mac)

Moon

Combat Mission: Red Thunder v1.03 patch (PC/Mac)

CM: Red Thunder - News Friday, 19 December 2014 ru_soldier-100.png

The v1.03 patch provides a number of important improvements and fixes, including the infamous "26% bug" for those affected, improved stability of internet play, improved building entry for some systems, a mouse text targeting feature indicating range, improved TacAI logic, and much more. It is all-inclusive and can be installed over any version of the game (1.0 thru 1.02)

The v1.03 patch is available for PC and Mac.

redthunderlogo_final-v155.pngCMRT v1.03 WHATS NEW
  • Corrected the PBEM/saved-game crash bug (note: applies to v1.01 and v1.02 but not old saved games from v1.00).
  • Corrected the “pause bug” when dragging a waypoint.
  • Shrapnel is modeled with higher fidelity.
  • Antiaircraft weapons won’t shoot if the gunner is hiding.
  • Vehicles that are hiding are more difficult to hear, even compared to stationary non-hiding vehicles.

[ Click here to jump to the download page ]

Tanks that "hide" now with the patch are harder to spot. Does it take long for a hiding tank to get moving again?

No. And to the best of my knowledge, hiding tanks are not more difficult to spot. I wish they were, and in fact I did suggest it when I reported this bug but Charles gave no indication that he implemented that. So AFAIK, it just reduces the range at which enemy units can gain a sound contact on them. In other words, it now works like the manual says it does.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

The explosion pixels (shrapnel) look really nice, they are smaller and rounded, much better asthetically. It's funny how something so seemly small can make such a difference to the visulas.

EDITED: Or does the "Shrapnel is modeled with higher fidelity"  mean something completely different than visual effects and I just haven't played RT enough to realize the pixels had already been changed?

Thanks for the patch. I wasn't even close to expecting another one antime soon.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

• 2 weeks later...

Hister thanks.  I took a look at your link and noted that it says that "this new system is not using individual module.exe files any more, making it much less prone to anti-virus software false positives."  Yeah, oh well...  Never had a problem till now.

That's why I gave you the link, hehe. Looks like the change isn't liked by your AV program regardless of the game being less suseptible to such alerting now. You should just use Microsoft security essentials AV. It's free and does not give false positives. I am more then happy user with it.