Update on Black Sea release

ChrisND

I'm a big fan of Door Kickers. Bought it in Early Access, and still play it on a regular basis.

That said, I don't think there is much we could take from Door Kickers and use for Combat Mission, not without reducing the scope of Combat Mission to a much smaller scale. Like, platoon versus platoon level combat, maximum size. Basically the problem is that Combat Mission is meant for a larger scale (company) than Door Kickers' systems (individual soldiers). Otherwise it's simply too much detail and micromanaging for a game of Combat Mission's scope.

Any updates on CM:BS?

But didn't that happen after the Civil War was over? Some disgruntled Irishmen (were there ever any other kind?  :lol: ) set up a private army but got thrown back across the border. After Canada protested, the US government forced their disbandment.

Michael

Antaress might be referring to the St Alban affair which involved a small band of confederates retreating into Quebec. You are correctly referring to the Fenian raids of 1866-71.

LOL vincere.

I hope the blizzard in New England doesn't hold up the release.....I know Steve is located up there.

In Maine, they refer to it as a light snow. "Nine months of winter and three months of mighty bad sledding."

never preorder again Jan 15 came and gone,CMBS comes out I be at work for 2 weeks.

I understand your inconvenience. That is why software developers dont like making statements about release dates. Now we pressed one out of them (approximately mid january, Chris said) but they couldnt stick to their schedule. It is a bad situation, i know that, i work in IT support and my customers always ask me for an exact ETA for their stuff getting done and i hate giving them an exact date. Sometimes bad things happen and you cant deliver without it beeing your fault but people still blame you for it.

Waiting for CMBS after watching ChrisND's vids has re-awakened my taste for grognarding to such an extent that I am considering re-purchasing Steel Beasts in the interim, but at $115, it's a very expensive stopgap measure.  My finger is hovering over the "Buy" button as I write this.  Help!

Antaress might be referring to the St Alban affair which involved a small band of confederates retreating into Quebec.

Wow, I never heard of that - interesting.

from http://www.virtualvermont.com/history/staraid.html

The survivors were arrested in Montreal and tried, but never extradited despite energetic efforts by Washington. The US contended that the men were criminals, but Canada determined them to be military belligerents, so to maintain neutrality, would not convict them of a crime.

They managed to steal $200 000 from three banks but they failed to burn the town down. The Canadian authorities arrested them in Montreal and recovered $68 000 which was returned even though the perpetrators were not. Hummm I wonder where that extra money went :-)

Interesting fun fact, as claimed by another site I read, the 21 Confederate soldiers assembled in Canada a few at a time by pretending to be going on "sporting vacation" to Canada.

Waiting for CMBS after watching ChrisND's vids has re-awakened my taste for grognarding to such an extent that I am considering re-purchasing Steel Beasts in the interim, but at $115, it's a very expensive stopgap measure.  My finger is hovering over the "Buy" button as I write this.  Help!

Why not settle for paying 9.50 for a month. You'll have CMBS by then, and know if you really want that very very nice simulator?

Comrades, calm down, breathe deeply and exhale air. Wait for release in tranquility, and then everyone will bring "Russian World" and "democracy." Who like more. Main patience. ;)

Товарищи успокойтесь , вздохните глубоко воздух и выдохните . Дождитесь релиза в спокойствии  , и потом каждый будет приносить "Русский мир" и "демократию" . Кому что больше нравится . Главное терпение . ;) 

On behalf of everyone who ever heard Steve give a tentative date for a game coming out, I'll buy you a beer*.

*Disclaimer: Only if all of us where there when the Playboy mansion is teleported via the Dark Internet portals to Tahiti and I have won the lottery 6 times. Otherwise I couldn't afford the billions it would take to placate you guys.

*Disclaimer part duex: We are working with Steve to make up a 13th month so ambiguous that even if he says an exact date within this month, you will all be utterly too confused and think you have been playing it already for 2 months..