Update on Black Sea release

ChrisND

I really doubt it will be this week, no offense. And that's okay! I'll just get Dying Light I guess.

Hehehe...Thought I was the only one that impulsive. Just bought DL on preorder yesterday. Hey, it's my vacation and the handful of games I had penciled in for purchase that were estimated to come out during the winter of 2015 have all been delayed until spring or later, though I'm sure CMBS will come out shortly. DL will be some raunchy fun until CMBS comes out. 

Hehehe...Thought I was the only one that impulsive. Just bought DL on preorder yesterday. Hey, it's my vacation and the handful of games I had penciled in for purchase that were estimated to come out during the winter of 2015 have all been delayed until spring or later, though I'm sure CMBS will come out shortly. DL will be some raunchy fun until CMBS comes out. 

Actually, I just saw the reviews on Steam and glad I didn't. It's apparently a buggy nightmare which is why they withheld the review code until 12 hours till release...welp... CM:BS... come out today.. there's like 8 feet of snow outside and I need something to play.

Yes that rhymed, I just woke up and it happens.

ChrisND, at least let us know why things are taking so long. What are you working on right know? Chasing some serious bugs? Or implementing some new features? Or testing the campaigns? Did some of you guys fall ill? It is horribly hard to be kept waiting without knowing what is going on! Everytime i look in this thread i see at the bottom of the page that there are at least 6 to 7 other guys reading this at the same time, sometimes up to 25, so i guess i am not the only one interested in how things are going. Please let us know what is going on.

I cant wait for " how come my uber tanks and uber troops are getting slaughtered like iraqis in thé first gulf war in thé game ??? Something is wrong !!! " Yes, your tactics ;)

Why, i only use the most tactically sound formations, like square or testudo, and i also always make sure that the leaders die first, so they can inspire their subordinate units with their bravery!

If this game doesn't release by the end of this month then BF should really give up on guessing the release of their game and just release it when it's finished.

That is what they are actually doing.  There is an inevitable cycle of announcing a tentative date, hemming and hawing madly, then backing it up as far as necessary.  This may be an inevitable product of their business model and the realities of software development.  You have to view the whole process as a  loveable eccentricity.  Its sort of like how my wife puts up with my gaming habit.  The one they did have to rush didn't improve anyone's month.

Game content has been locked down and sent to the programmers for wrapping into an installer, which is the file that you guys get when you download the game. Engine changes are done unless last minute critical problems are discovered. Starting a little bit later today we will be only concerned with testing the final product for any installation issues and other last minute critical problems. This is what we call Final Candidate.

Once the game has hit Final Candidate, it's ready for release as soon as we've determined that there are no installation problems. However, almost always there are some issues to sort out. Such is the nature of software. This last phase usually goes through a few iterations before it is ready. When the game is deemed ready for release, we then send it to the download servers and shortly afterwards it can be released for you guys to download. In other words, Final Candidate is the very last step before release.

How long does Final Candidate last? As long as it takes. :D Seriously though, it can be very short if there are no problems, or take longer if we uncover problems at the end. It is not always easy to predict.

There will be a coded message on when to release the refresh monkeys. You will know it when you see it. ;)

ChrisND, at least let us know why things are taking so long. What are you working on right know? Chasing some serious bugs? Or implementing some new features? Or testing the campaigns? Did some of you guys fall ill? It is horribly hard to be kept waiting without knowing what is going on! Everytime i look in this thread i see at the bottom of the page that there are at least 6 to 7 other guys reading this at the same time, sometimes up to 25, so i guess i am not the only one interested in how things are going. Please let us know what is going on.

You know, you guys with your agitated questions sometimes put me in mind of someone demanding of his parents that they tell him in excruciating detail how he was conceived, every move, every word, every drop of sweat. How did it feel? Was it the greatest moment of their lives?

:lol:

Michael

Game content has been locked down and sent to the programmers for wrapping into an installer, which is the file that you guys get when you download the game. Engine changes are done unless last minute critical problems are discovered. Starting a little bit later today we will be only concerned with testing the final product for any installation issues and other last minute critical problems. This is what we call Final Candidate.

Once the game has hit Final Candidate, it's ready for release as soon as we've determined that there are no installation problems. However, almost always there are some issues to sort out. Such is the nature of software. This last phase usually goes through a few iterations before it is ready. When the game is deemed ready for release, we then send it to the download servers and shortly afterwards it can be released for you guys to download. In other words, Final Candidate is the very last step before release.

If you need someone to install the game and make sure there are no issues just let me know. :D

I had joked awhile ago that BFC can't guarantee a release date because there's always things like accidents and blizzards to contend with. And look what happened, the worst of the current blizzard hit directly on top of Charles! Talk about blizzards, I'm off shoveling.  :D

For get refresh monkeys - you want trunk monkeys:

I'd rather have my Trunk Monkey doing texting. He could handle all my forum posting for me. On second thought, maybe that would not be such a great idea... :D

Edited by JSj