Dual monitors or one big ass monitor?

Phoenix

I knew there was a CM section having to do with multiple monitors somewhere.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/surroundgaming/en/games/supported/cmsf/?ref=cmsf

Thanks for showing Mikey. That probably looks even better with the thinner tv frames thes days. If I had the cash to burn, and the room I would definitly try that out.

Edited by Vinnart

I grabbed a used Dell 30" monitor a few yrs ago (2560x1600), and works GREAT for CM. Heck, it's great for EVERYTHING!

:D 

Someday, I'll upgrade, but for now, all good. I'll prob upgrade my rig before next monitor (still humming on an old i5 CPU/video card from 2009. Yes, time to upgrade, I know....).

Dual or triple head seems cool, but thats a LOT of space (almost overkill, IMHO)  and your upgrade costs in 5yrs.... ugh....

Phoenix,

The following ONLY applies if you are married: Tell the S.O. that the ONE BIG MONITOR is all you ever really wanted. Then buy it. Go big. Way big. 4k and massive. Then, wait 2 or 3 months, and buy another. :) Have your cake, and eat it, too!! If the S.O. questions the 2nd one, tell her it's for her, and you're just breaking it in because the ANSI sRGB lumens are fluxing too high for safe viewing. That sets the groundwork for monitor number THREE! Oh, yes, this is how it's done...

If you're NOT married, then, hell, buy 6 and set up an array!

Phoenix,

The following ONLY applies if you are married: Tell the S.O. that the ONE BIG MONITOR is all you ever really wanted. Then buy it. Go big. Way big. 4k and massive. Then, wait 2 or 3 months, and buy another. :) Have your cake, and eat it, too!! If the S.O. questions the 2nd one, tell her it's for her, and you're just breaking it in because the ANSI sRGB lumens are fluxing too high for safe viewing. That sets the groundwork for monitor number THREE! Oh, yes, this is how it's done...

If you're NOT married, then, hell, buy 6 and set up an array!

Remember, this is the guy who will advise you to assault a dug in 1st line mech company with cooks, bakers, and a couple of guys from the motor pool.