Win a FREE copy of CMBS!!!

c3k

Just let me cut you off right here.

You'll win? Pha. with this post?

I don't see any reason why you should win.

You thought you were being smart, didn't ya? Posting bold after your guess, trying to prove that you don't play by the rules.

Looks like you won't win after all. If you try to be awesome don't try it here.

real winners realize that there are no rules, that rules are just the ideas of stupid people, so there are no rules to follow, I make the rules.

Plus I bet you 10 bucks you're gonna suck it. I swear you're never going to win, what was your guess?

ohh you sneaky bum, trying to take the lead by making me look bad. It's ooooaaaaan.

Come on. You are gettin ridiculous. You don't need sburke to make yourself look bad. You are doing that by your own. If you don't want to look bad you probably should stay stealthsilent1.

Peng Warning, Peng Warning, GONG,GONG,GONG...

I really hope that everything I said is within the limits of the smacktalk rules. Just tell me if my awesomeness is to much for you. Then I'll move some steps back.

We have a winner!!!

Drum roll, please....

Based on timeliness and being the closest to the actual date/time of release (1244 of January 30th (30102015)), and bonus points for actually formatting his answer correctly,

The

Winner

Is

Why me?  My Avatar has more confirmed tank kills than Raptorx7  (or anyone else for that matter) !

Don, come on down!

Congratulations. A PM is wafting its way...

Ken

If there is ANY doubt about Don's winning, please post now.

Yes, another post WAS closer. However, I'd closed the entry by then, as announced in the thread and in the amended original post. It would be unfair to award that individual a free copy since there may have been many who did NOT submit an entry after having read the closing notice.

Ken

Why me?  My Avatar has more confirmed tank kills than Raptorx7  (or anyone else for that matter) !

CONGRATS!

You were not only able make the right guess but also have the coolest Character of an tank Ace as Avatar*** !

Totally deserved.

Greetz

Olf

***Kurt Knispel was such a misfit and repeatedly revolted against the brutal Nazi-rule, they didn't gave him the even Knights Cross - cudos B)

But you're still going to crush him in a public AAR, right ? ;)

Well, setting up a game to ensure that I can publicly crush my oppo would take such a preponderance of firepower, that I fear it may not be playable!

His demurral has spurred me to contact the runner-up. I am awaiting that person's response. Failing that, I shall just pick someone...

Yeah, I know the "fear factor" of a public AAR can be a bit intimidating. NOT that Don's demurral had anything to do with that. However, the purpose of this AAR will be...err, just for fun.

Remember, no matter how bad, inept, and clueless you think you are, um, somewhere there's a 9 year old girl who's worse.  :)

I am here, ready to fight!

Excellent!!! PM and email sent.

Ahh, yes, gentlemen, there will soon be an AAR.

DMS, I will send you license key in the next day or two. It will be up to you to download the game. Game parameters will follow...

Yeeeesssssss...... 

:)

Ken

DMS has won, and has agreed to the AAR!!

My schedule has been the holdup. I will email him the specifics (and IanL has agreed to set up the game). Here is the general outline...

It will be a 30 minute meeting engagement. There is one objective: whichever side has their commander standing on the bridge at the end of the game, will win.

DMS will have the option of choosing either the force he gets to use, or which side of the map will be his. So, if he chooses map side, then I get to choose my force. If he chooses his force, then I get to choose my map side. (For force, the options are US, Ukraine, or Russia. No mixing US and Ukraine.)

We will each get 7,500 points, no rarity.

The catch? Each side will have an identical commander in a Humvee. That commander CANNOT get into or on any other transport. He may unload from the Humvee (and get back in), but he cannot go on any other conveyance. His commander will be named "DMS". Mine will called "Commander of Death". Or "c3k". ;)

It is not the HQ unit which matters, it is the commander. If the commander dies, that side can only hope for a tie. Or style points. If both commanders die, then the outcome would be a draw.

The only other rule is that there is no first turn setup zone bombardment. 2nd minute? Sure. Just not the first minute.

We will use the qb menu to choose our forces. Send that qb to IanL using the PM function. He will copy the units into the battle, then send it on to us to start a pbem.

All units will subordinated to the Battalion Commanders. 

It will be fierce, bloody, and fun.

I will post the map up soon...(It is a cropped version of "Kharalyk", with just one undemolished bridge.) Oh, if that one bridge gets destroyed, then whoever's ordnance blows it up is the loser. (If DMS has an immobilized vehicle on the bridge, and I shoot the vehicle, and then it blows up, and THAT causes the bridge to fall, then the blame falls, like the bridge, upon him. It would "his ordnance" in the vehicle which caused the destruction. :)  )

Ken