Very shiny!

Michael Emrys,

I'm starting to wonder whether my computer's got some sort of "brain" tumor. I've flushed all the caches, reset Safari, run MacKeeper (no viruses and fixed all housekeeping issues) and rebooted my rig. No matter what I do, I still see no PM access icon on either any of my posts or back inside my profile. I have no problem calling up someone else's profile and finding the button to leave a PM, but can't find any icon such as you describe anywhere at all. I don't get it, and it's driving me nuts. Do you guys see this stuff in the 8-12 micron band, while I'm stuck here in the visible?!

Regards,

John Kettler

Michael Emrys,

I'm starting to wonder whether my computer's got some sort of "brain" tumor. I've flushed all the caches, reset Safari, run MacKeeper (no viruses and fixed all housekeeping issues) and rebooted my rig. No matter what I do, I still see no PM access icon on either any of my posts or back inside my profile. I have no problem calling up someone else's profile and finding the button to leave a PM, but can't find any icon such as you describe anywhere at all. I don't get it, and it's driving me nuts. Do you guys see this stuff in the 8-12 micron band, while I'm stuck here in the visible?!

Regards,

John Kettler

John, as you are looking at this very post look to the top right of the web page, there you will see your name where you can access your profile, to the left of that is an open envelope icon, that is how you can access your PM's.

Edited by Raptorx7

My thoughts on the color scheme after seeing it for awhile, and also on my phone is that I would have no problem sticking with the old tan/kahki color scheme, but with the new features. It was easier on the eyes, wasn't broken, and would give the forum some of a familiar look. The white is especially blinding on the phone.

Metalhead, hell yeah. Hippy...ewwwwww.

Rockin' Harry is another longhair as well, I believe.

So what was Sergei talking about "notice anything new", with the video?

Mord.

I should post my pic from back in my dead touring days in my teens and early twenties.  It is just depressing though.  :angry:

What is the best way to post screen shots in the new forum? I notice mine from photobucket show as links in the thread rather than the screen shot.

odd cause mine are still showing and I'm also using photobucket.  I just hit the img link and it auto copies

Edited by sburke

Experimenting:

Okay, this is what I got so far. The site doesn't like my Photobucket either. But if you go to "Use Full Editor"  when editing your message it *might* give you an option to attach a file from your desktop. I say 'might' because it works for me but I'm on the Beta list so I may play by different rules. There's got to be an easier way.

post-36386-0-57450000-1419314827_thumb.j

Edited by MikeyD

Thanks Mike. I got it to work by right clicking on the image at photoshop and selecting "copy image location", then pasting it into the box provided here when selecting "image" . Odd selecting the image url provided by photobucket no longer works like it did in the old forum.

pinkpanther-1.jpg

Edited by Vinnart

Here is a test form an older screen shot from 2012.

BrenCarrierOpensUp.jpg

I hit the Image button on the tool bar and pasted the url of the image http://www.lesliesoftware.com/forforumposts/2012/BrenCarrierOpensUp.jpg and it just worked.  I'm not using photo bucket mind you.  I think the trick is to get a url to the .jpg image and then it will work.

Am wondering what happened to the "Joined on" data block (appearing in each member's post) we had on the prior version of the Forums. I always found that helpful in getting a sense of how to approach or respond to that Member. New arrivals view the game differently than do those of us whose CM experience dates back to the edge of myth. To them, CMx1 is something from the wargaming history books; to us, heady times (on several levels of meaning) with games which were formative, informative and even revolutionary.

Regards,

John Kettler

Log in (you cant access member profiles if you are loggeg out). Click on the members profile to open his profile page. On his profile page, locate the name of the member right to his avatar. Below his name, there is the join date.

Edited by agusto

Log in (you cant access member profiles if you are loggeg out). Click on the members profile to open his profile page. On his profile page, locate the name of the member right to his avatar. Below his name, there is the join date.

Hover your mouse over the name on any screen. That will give you that info in a popup.