Campaign question

Hello, I just completed the first mission of the 1980 campaign, in the next mission its odd, the breifing says my company is at full strength, but I definitely have less troops and some of my machinegunners don't have machineguns. On the tab, it says they are using pistols, although interestingly They seem to be wielding assault rifles. Is this normal?

I had that kind of happen too after I took too many causalities in one battle. In a campaign, previous causalities carry over to the next mission if I remember correctly. Not all causalities will be replaced no matter what the briefing says.

From the CMA manual:

A Campaign is a single player game that progresses through a series of interconnected Battles stretching over many simulated hours, days, weeks, or even months. After completing a Battle, Combat Mission selects the next Battle based on the results of the one just completed. The Battles within a Campaign are all premade, but are adjusted to reflect combat results from the previous Battle.

Certain units have their casualties, changes in leadership,ammo usage, damage, and other factors carried over to the next Battle they appear in. Such units are called
Core Units and constitute the bulk of the player’s available force for the Campaign.

Depending on conditions before each new Battle, Combat Mission may replace fallen soldiers, repair damaged vehicles, replenish ammo, etc. However, as with any
real-life military campaign, replacement, repair, and replenishment are not guaranteed events. A wise player will keep this in mind and avoid wearing out his forces
trying to achieve something that, in the larger context of the campaign, is relatively unimportant.

Edited by WallysWorld