Battles of the Gothic Line!

Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

Hi Kolenklau,

thanks. Yes, I do have a link to that website. I'll get to the 91st div. later next year (Monte Altuzzo etc.). The information on the Allied side is plentiful but not so much on the Axis side.

Is there any similar German website, as far you know?

Great! I'll take you up on that kohlenklau (your handle sounds German, so you must speak the language!) ;)

In my first semi-historical scenario (Serrungarina), the Canadian 2nd Inf. Brigade advanced with two battalions in line. A bit too much for my map. I think I'll reduce that to one battalion. Plus a full British tank regiment. Way too much. A couple of platoons will probably do. Vast artillery resources were also used: field arty advancing 100 yards in line every 6 minutes, as per historical sources. I guess I'll go with some medium mortars.

On the Axis side, I'll have to make a best guess in order to create an enjoyable scenario. In the real event a few weak outposts were quickly overrun. Any ideas?

JonS always says wisely to start off very small. Make whatever beauty of a monster-sized map you desire but protect your sanity and cut out a smaller part for the scenario?.

Maybe try to portray a vignette of a few Canadian tanks and a platoon of Canuck Infantry against one of those fortified German positions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, Naples. The sea, the sun, the Vesuvius... beautiful!

I am now playtesting the first scenario "Serrungarina" for H2H with kohlenklau (thanks!). If there are any other takers please send me a PM. Beware, though. It's a fairly big scenario. First file exchanges are around 18MBs and counting.

After the first playtest is over I'll be doing a couple of AI plans for both sides.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...