Recommended specs for PC for Black Sea?

Phoenix

Thanks for all the input guys! Pretty sure I'll be happy with the upgrade!

Today I ordered a 1TB drive from Amazon that I'll move existing data over to and install in the new system. Only thing that will be on the ssd will be the OS and CM.

Fifty dollars for a super highly rated drive. Fifty bucks. Lol. Wow.

Edited by Phoenix

Buzz,

I'll be the first to admit I know nothing useful about building a Hackintosh, or any other rig for that matter, but two weeks ago, I got to go to an electronics store that's blue and see the new iMac, notably the SAN removing 27.5 inch version. I don't love the price, not that I can afford it anyway, but man, do I love that huge Retina display. If I had that machine, I think my battlefield would look much nicer, I wouldn't be limited to small battle maps, my machine wouldn't bog, load times would plummet, and I'd no longer be in therapy over screenshot envy! And yes, I'm aware I'm not exactly setting Europe ablaze with what I have. The take of the guys working there on the killer iMac? It's a tremendous display, with a computer thrown in for free! I suspect, though, that Apple's designed this thing to require a neurosurgery license to do anything later on to upgrade it. The very problem your approach so nicely handles.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

If you followed my AAR thread, you would know the rig I just built. This descrip is ~ page 13 I think.

- Intel i5-4690K 'Devils Canyon' 3.6ghz - 3.9ghz boost CPU

- 16gb DDR3 2133 Gskills Ripjaw RAM

- Asrock Z97 Fatal1ty Killer motherboard

- Nvidia GTX-970 4gb GPU from Gigabyte

- 256gb Corsair SSD

- H75 Corsair liquid CPU cooler

- 1TB WD Black data HD

- Raidmax CobraZ case

- Seasonic 620w Power supply

- Old model LG Blueray R/W

- Win 8.1

Seems to run CMBS beta just fine. ;-) Parts bought from Newegg and Amazon, using this tool.

"Go to hardforum.com . They have a utility called “hoverhound”. It is a basic price finder and trender. (It works with Chrome, maybe firefox, but not IE.) Find a part at newegg, and it’ll add a button on the newegg price. Hover over the button and you get price history and comparison. It’s cool. Your woman will think you’re more manly if you use it. Really." C3K

Price came in under $1200, assuming I collect all the mail-in rebates. Gotta love Black Friday deals!

I just got almost the exact same specs in my brand new PC. CMBS was one of the driving factors in me finally upgrading from my 4 1/2 year old laptop and I'm so glad I did. Man does that 970 make a world of difference in games from my 260. :D

Buzz,

I'll be the first to admit I know nothing useful about building a Hackintosh, or any other rig for that matter, but two weeks ago, I got to go to an electronics store that's blue and see the new iMac, notably the SAN removing 27.5 inch version. I don't love the price, not that I can afford it anyway, but man, do I love that huge Retina display. If I had that machine, I think my battlefield would look much nicer, I wouldn't be limited to small battle maps, my machine wouldn't bog, load times would plummet, and I'd no longer be in therapy over screenshot envy! And yes, I'm aware I'm not exactly setting Europe ablaze with what I have. The take of the guys working there on the killer iMac? It's a tremendous display, with a computer thrown in for free! I suspect, though, that Apple's designed this thing to require a neurosurgery license to do anything later on to upgrade it. The very problem your approach so nicely handles.

Regards,

John Kettler

JK.... Good luck with whatever system you upgrade to. The new iMac looks very nice. I went the hackintosh route to customize what I need and futre proof. They are not that difficult to build = essentially a PC. Like pnzrldr said "... Overall was much easier than I expected and was actually a lot of fun."

Happy building Phoenix.

I have the following desktop specs and it runs fine with CMRT at full blast (Best, Antialias / Multisample On. Advanced options : Trees high, Shaders on)

I assume it should be the same with CMBS.

Intel i5 - 4670K - 3.40 GHz

Memory 8.00Go

Windows 7 64 bits

MSI Z87 G45 Gaming 8 GB

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 -

SSD 120GB -

HDD 1To

Edited by snake_eye

So I got the new pc and holy crap it flys. Ran some RT scenarios last night and nearly 100% settings and had zero issues. Smooth smooth.

Also a shout out to Puget Systems. Wow. What a company!! From the date I placed the order (Tuesday) it was 6 days till I got my machine. And I could follow the build in real time on the website. Complete with pictures and benchmarks as testing went along.

Now if I could get this freakin elicencing thing sorted out on Normandy I'd be happy. Ugh. What a pita.

Edited by Phoenix