It's time refresh monkeys the CMBS release date magic 8 ball guess thread

Waycool

I have no idea, so lets see what happens if i close my eyes and try to type a date on my keyboard:

24-67-45656

Wow, that is going to be a long time. 67 months, that means they will release it only on Pluto, it is the only Planet in our solar system that has enough 30-day-standard-months per year to make such a date possible. I hope they will add some new features in the next 40.000 years. Given the current inflation rate of the US $, we will probably have to pay 6 to 8 billion dollars for each copy the game.

But given that i didnt think i would even hit the number keys, the result is better than expected.

I have no idea, so lets see what happens if i close my eyes and try to type a date on my keyboard:

24-67-45656

Wow, that is going to be a long time. 67 months, that means they will release it only on Pluto, it is the only Planet in our solar system that has enough 30-day-standard-months per year to make such a date possible. I hope they will add some new features in the next 40.000 years. Given the current inflation rate of the US $, we will probably have to pay 6 to 8 billion dollars for each copy the game.

But given that i didnt think i would even hit the number keys, the result is better than expected.

That ship sailed unless you want to include the new "dwarf planet" category. ;)

Discovered in 1930, Pluto was originally classified as the ninth planet from the Sun. Its status as a major planet fell into question following further study of it and the outer Solar System over the next 75 years. Starting in 1977 with the discovery of the minor planet Chiron, numerous icy objects similar to Pluto with eccentric orbits were found. The most notable of these is the scattered disc object Eris, discovered in 2005, which is 27% more massive than Pluto.[17] The understanding that Pluto is only one of several large icy bodies in the outer Solar System prompted the International Astronomical Union (IAU) to formally define “planet” in 2006. This definition excluded Pluto and reclassified it as a member of the new "dwarf planet" category (and specifically as a plutoid).

That ship sailed unless you want to include the new "dwarf planet" category. ;)

Discovered in 1930, Pluto was originally classified as the ninth planet from the Sun. Its status as a major planet fell into question following further study of it and the outer Solar System over the next 75 years. Starting in 1977 with the discovery of the minor planet Chiron, numerous icy objects similar to Pluto with eccentric orbits were found. The most notable of these is the scattered disc object Eris, discovered in 2005, which is 27% more massive than Pluto.[17] The understanding that Pluto is only one of several large icy bodies in the outer Solar System prompted the International Astronomical Union (IAU) to formally define “planet” in 2006. This definition excluded Pluto and reclassified it as a member of the new "dwarf planet" category (and specifically as a plutoid).

I am 24 but now i am feeling so old :). When i went to school Pluto was still a Planet...but these Planets nowadays, they arent what they used to be when i was young.

I can't really imagine there being too many people giving it as a gift, unless someone is looking to seriously disappoint a significant other.

The significant other...? No, my computer will love to have a new Combat Mission game on its harddrive. It will look great on it.

Agusto I'm pretty sure you just made about two thirds of the "nicely aged" population on these forums just guffaw at their screen. As much as we feel "old" (I'm 22) we are still but whippersnappers in their failing eyes.

Don't worry, it will mean easy victories for us!

Oh and my guess is the 10th because hope.