Avast 2015 deleted my shock force

Mastiff

ok this new avast 2015 update has deleted my shock force, states it was a virus...

I even excluded it but it still deleted it.

AVAST new 2015 virus scanner that did it found the files and trying to fix now.

yep AVAST KEEPS deleting the files even when there in excluded zone!!!!

ok this new avast 2015 update has deleted my shock force, states it was a virus...

I even excluded it but it still deleted it.

AVAST new 2015 virus scanner that did it found the files and trying to fix now.

yep AVAST KEEPS deleting the files even when there in excluded zone!!!!

I've got reports on Avast deleting files from other game communities as well. The verdict was to ditch Avast! It used to be good but now has become bloatware.

Exculsions, Dudes, exclusions! Not to double post, but for ease from the thread I started in the tech forum:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?p=1565979#post1565979

In my 9/2014 Avast version:

I restored the files from the "Virus Chest", which was stupid hard to find: main menu, click the magnifying glass tab icon on the left (Scan screen), then one of the little links at the bottom is the only way to find your virus chest, and all the goodies Avast has hidden from you.

I had to click the "Gear" tab, antivirus tab, half way down the list to "Exclusions", then entered "D:\CMSF\*". (Enter whatever your base game directory is.)

I had to do internet searchs for BOTH of these because there are so many friggin submenus of submenus of submenus, then what you are looking for is hard to spot anyway. Not talking bad about Avast, it works well and as FREE! They did make the GUI crazy hard to navigate recently though.

Avast was screwing up the exclusions (right click "restore and exclude" didn't take) until I entered them manually. If you don't do them it seems to randomly do it to you for no reason. I forgot it had done it to me years ago, and after several times playing and several months of "upgraded" Avast, suddenly my game be busted. Some guys reminded me of the problem and a frustrating, but relatively easy fix.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Exculsions, Dudes, exclusions! Not to double post, but for ease from the thread I started in the tech forum:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?p=1565979#post1565979

In my 9/2014 Avast version:

I restored the files from the "Virus Chest", which was stupid hard to find: main menu, click the magnifying glass tab icon on the left (Scan screen), then one of the little links at the bottom is the only way to find your virus chest, and all the goodies Avast has hidden from you.

I had to click the "Gear" tab, antivirus tab, half way down the list to "Exclusions", then entered "D:\CMSF\*". (Enter whatever your base game directory is.)

I had to do internet searchs for BOTH of these because there are so many friggin submenus of submenus of submenus, then what you are looking for is hard to spot anyway. Not talking bad about Avast, it works well and as FREE! They did make the GUI crazy hard to navigate recently though.

Avast was screwing up the exclusions (right click "restore and exclude" didn't take) until I entered them manually. If you don't do them it seems to randomly do it to you for no reason. I forgot it had done it to me years ago, and after several times playing and several months of "upgraded" Avast, suddenly my game be busted. Some guys reminded me of the problem and a frustrating, but relatively easy fix.

Hope this helps,

Mike

problem is I had those files excluded, then the new update 2015 deleted all my game files.

Even after excluding the shock force exe files and folders in AVG same issue deletes them as soon as the shockforce exe runs. looks like it has an issue with 1.32

after the 3rd time reinstalling AVG finally asked me to exclude the files...

and it works now.

Jesus guys, I have been using Avast (free version) for over four years and have never had issues with... anything. Best AV for the money (if you pay for it, which I do not).

Having said that, I did have to add CMSF to my exclusion list after Avast quarantined my exe a few months ago. No big deal as it was easily corrected. CMSF is the only program that I have ever had to add as an exclusion in Avast.

Excellent AV.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the same problem with AVAST. The exe was put in the quarantine folder of my desktop. The same happened with my laptop. I messed around for a while not finding any solution. Then I got an idea. That is, retrieving the file from the quarantine folder and put it back in the CMSF folder.It worked fine. I made a report for a false positive to AVAST. I have had no answer ever since. I did the same on my Laptop and it kept sending the file in the quarantine folder and I have found no ways to prevent AVAST doing it. So for the time being I am playing with my desktop.

BTW all the patches exe were declared as Win32:malware-gen and or Win32:adware-gen