Suvorov/Rezun interview 2011 Juicy!

Was trying to locate something else and came across this: a 2011 interview of Suvirov/Rezun, who before defecting to the UK, had been MRC and Tk Co CO, military intelligence officer and GRU officer (member of the General Staff) under diplo cover. His family is from the Ukraine, and father was in the GPW from start to finish. Suvorov/Rezun was born in Primorye (Far East) because after fighting the GPW, his father was then sent east and fought in August Storm against the Japanese in Manchuria, after which he spent 12 more years there! The interview talks about the structure of Soviet Military Intelligence, high level organization and his own duty stations. He admits he changed several in his books, because he didn't want to get people into trouble because of him. That kind of trouble was then career wrecking at best; fatal at worst. He provides his take on whither Ukraine, including joining NATO; the strong influence on Ukraine exerted by Moscow, the rapacious nature of Russian leadership and its sanguinary history going back to Lenin. He also addresses such matters as the Islamic situation.

http://www.jrnyquist.com/suvorov-part-1.html

Regards,

John Kettler

I only know of Suvorov via Icebreaker, and while I reject the theory that Barbarossa was a preemptive attack on a Soviet invasion planned for the summer of 1941, my understanding is that the basic premise that Stalin encouraged Hitler to attack the west in the hopes of stabbing him in the back at a later date is pretty widely accepted. Apart from flawed arguments and perhaps a personal axe to grind, are there any other reasons to question his credibility or good faith?

As for Mr. Kettler, I learned long ago to value the voices in the wilderness, because there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy. I've personally seen a UFO, and I've heard too many kooky stories from folks high and low in military and intelligence circles to dismiss anything out of hand.

Uh oh. Forget I said anything, heh. I was just wondering if Viktor Suvorov had some shady past or sinister agenda that I wasn't aware of.

Besides bald-faced lying? No. Then again, that is a bit of "other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

Oh hey, in this interview he keeps pushing the narrative of the Soviets being poised to attack Germany first and that is why Hitler ordered an invasion.

"We were attacked by the Germans 70 years ago. But until this day, the deployment of the Soviet troops at the moment of the attack is still a state secret in Russia. Those tanks were written off long, long ago. The veterans lost their lives. But the position of 3rd and 9th armies is still a secret. The maps of the airfields were never published, ever. It is still a state secret how many airfields we had, and how many aircraft were deployed. Why? Because if they publish all this, it will be clear to everybody that it was Stalin who contemplated the war, and that the Soviet Union started the Second World War, because Soviet Union policy required the war. If we admit that the Soviet Union helped Hitler come to power, if we admit the Soviet Union developed Hitler's robust economy, then there will be too many questions to answer. Not just military questions, but ideological and political and geographical, and many others. It is not just the Russian General Staff, but the KGB, SVR and the Russian president himself, and those who are behind the Russian president - all of them are attentively watching and formulating public discourse related to the war."

Has this become any more credible in the fifteen or twenty years since he first claimed it?

What is he lying about, though? That's what I'm getting at. I'd assumed he was acting in good faith, but chalked up any erroneous conclusions to personal bias and shoddy scholarship based on little or no evidence.

I can't speak to his specific claims, but I don't see anything particularly controversial in the paragraph quoted above - as far as I know, many details of Soviet deployments in this period remain sketchy. It's debatable whether the Red Army was in an offensive posture in 1941, but being so far forward, they certainly weren't prepared for defensive operations. My own opinion is that Stalin was preparing to invade Germany, just not in 1941, and was perhaps blinded by his belief that Hitler would not kick off his anti-Bolshevik crusade until Britain had been neutralized.

Well, I hope nobody was waiting with bated breath or anything, because it's probably pretty run-of-the-mill as far as UFO stories go. It was in 2007 if I recall correctly, while I was attending university in Waterloo, Ontario, which I later learned is a bit of a hot spot for UFO sightings. I went out for a smoke at night, and saw a point of golden light travelling very quickly on a downward angle, stop for a second, then zoom off in another direction. I shrugged it off at the time, figuring it was likely a small meteorite bouncing off the atmosphere, but the fact that it appeared to stop on a dime gave me pause for thought. There were several such sightings that evening; my then-girlfriend / now-wife saw one too on her drive home from work.

If it was a craft of some sort, I'm inclined to believe it was more likely military than extraterrestrial. They've been experimenting with flying saucer technology since at least the end of the Second World War - some of them in Ontario, such as the VZ-9 Avrocar - so god only knows what kinda toys they have now.

On a slightly related note, in 2009 while out having a smoke at another place we rented in Waterloo, my wife and I were buzzed by a jet flying at a very low altitude, especially considering it was over an urban area. Based on the silhouette, and assuming it was Canadian, I believe it was most likely a CT-155 Hawk. Not all that remarkable in and of itself, but what struck me was how incredibly quiet it was - even considering that they are normally quiet aircraft. We couldn't hear anything at all until it was right on top of us, and even then it was like somebody blowing softly in your ear. It was pretty nifty.

Well, I hope nobody was waiting with bated breath or anything, because it's probably pretty run-of-the-mill as far as UFO stories go. It was in 2007 if I recall correctly, while I was attending university in Waterloo, Ontario, which I later learned is a bit of a hot spot for UFO sightings. I went out for a smoke at night, and saw a point of golden light travelling very quickly on a downward angle, stop for a second, then zoom off in another direction. I shrugged it off at the time, figuring it was likely a small meteorite bouncing off the atmosphere, but the fact that it appeared to stop on a dime gave me pause for thought. There were several such sightings that evening; my then-girlfriend / now-wife saw one too on her drive home from work.

If it was a craft of some sort, I'm inclined to believe it was more likely military than extraterrestrial. They've been experimenting with flying saucer technology since at least the end of the Second World War - some of them in Ontario, such as the VZ-9 Avrocar - so god only knows what kinda toys they have now.

On a slightly related note, in 2009 while out having a smoke at another place we rented in Waterloo, my wife and I were buzzed by a jet flying at a very low altitude, especially considering it was over an urban area. Based on the silhouette, and assuming it was Canadian, it was most likely either a CT-155 Hawk or CT-114 Tutor. Not all that remarkable in and of itself, but what struck me was how incredibly quiet it was - even considering that they are normally quiet aircraft. We couldn't hear anything at all until it was right on top of us, and even then it was like somebody blowing softly in your ear. It was pretty nifty.

Terrain/buildings can obscure sound. Other sounds in the area can also obscure certain sounds.

The golden glow in your first story sounds like a jet you saw in the distance. The glow would've been the afterburner of a fighter jet. You maybe don't remember, but there probably was a very low hum as well, which would've been the jet engine.

I hope you don't think you saw aliens or something.

EDIT: It's kind of hard to find a proper video of it on Youtube. The following video is the closest I could find to what you probably saw. Note how it's very hard to hear the jet after a while, the afterburner hum is drowned out by other noises:

Terrain can obscure sound.

True. Waterloo is pretty flat, but at such a low level I suppose houses could obscure noise as well. It was flying at low speed, and they are pretty quiet to begin with, so I'm not saying there was anything out of the ordinary, just thought it was neat that it was practically silent. Not something you see everyday.

The golden glow in your first story sounds like a jet you saw in the distance. The glow would've been the afterburner of a fighter jet.

I hope you don't think you saw aliens or something.

Like I said, if it was an aircraft I'd assume it was military, not alien. Could be something bouncing off our atmosphere, but I've never seen a jet that could move at such high speed, stop on a dime, and change direction without accelerating/decelerating.

Much appreciated, but I just can't believe that it was a jet afterburner, or at least no jet that I've ever heard of. I heard no noise whatsoever, nor did anyone else who reported similar sightings that evening to the best of my knowledge. It looked more like a shooting star (which it may well have been), but without any trail; it moved very fast at an apparently constant speed, stood still for a second, then started moving again in a new direction at a very fast, apparently constant speed.

I'm trying to find a video of something like it but not having any luck.

Much appreciated, but I just can't believe that it was a jet afterburner, or at least no jet that I've ever heard of. I heard no noise whatsoever, nor did anyone else who reported similar sightings that evening to the best of my knowledge. It looked more like a shooting star (which it may well have been), but without any trail; it moved very fast at an apparently constant speed, stood still for a second, then started moving again in a new direction at a very fast, apparently constant speed.

I'm trying to find a video of something like it but not having any luck.

Might've been a maneuver they were practicing. Maybe on how to dodge incoming missiles? Remember that from your point of view it might've looked like it was not moving, but it could've been moving away from you like that jet in the video I gave you.

Might've been a maneuver they were practicing. Maybe on how to dodge incoming missiles? Remember that from your point of view it might've looked like it was not moving, but it could've been moving away from you like that jet in the video I gave you.

I'd considered that, but if that were the case one would expect that it would appear to slow down before stopping completely. I really wish I could find a decent video of the "stop on a dime" phenomenon that is apparently a common feature of many UFO sightings (maybe John Kettler can help me out here?). Perfectly straight trajectories, high and constant velocity, no noise, no flickering - it was like somebody stopped in the middle of drawing a check mark in the sky with a laser pointer.

I feel I should add, my father was a fighter pilot in the RCAF before joining Air Canada, so I grew up with an avid interest in such things and thus I am not totally unfamiliar with the performance characteristics of jet aircraft.

It was in 2007 if I recall correctly, while I was attending university in Waterloo, Ontario, which I later learned is a bit of a hot spot for UFO sightings. I went out for a smoke at night, and saw a point of golden light travelling very quickly on a downward angle, stop for a second, then zoom off in another direction. I shrugged it off at the time, figuring it was likely a small meteorite bouncing off the atmosphere, but the fact that it appeared to stop on a dime gave me pause for thought.

This so far sounds like something I've seen many many times. What I've seen is jetliners making their landing approach and flying more or less in my direction with their landing lights on. They may be flying in that configuration for quite a few miles throttled back and in a long glide into the traffic pattern. If they are flying straight toward you, they may appear to oscillate from side to side slowly as they make minor course corrections. As they start to get closer, they may appear to move faster. If given a new vector, they will then appear to shoot off at a new angle. Since they are throttled well back, you might not hear them at all unless they pass very close by. Does this sound anything like what you saw?

Michael

When I first got interested in UFO's, after seeing Peter Jennings Special Report: Seeing is Believing, I started asking people if they have ever seen a UFO. I got pretty convincing UFO stories from... I don't know, definately over 1/30 seemed like 1/10 people. The one you described is pretty much the typical, hardly counts if it doesn't do the extreme acceleration bits.

This so far sounds like something I've seen many many times. What I've seen is jetliners making their landing approach and flying more or less in my direction with their landing lights on. They may be flying in that configuration for quite a few miles throttled back and in a long glide into the traffic pattern. If they are flying straight toward you, they may appear to oscillate from side to side slowly as they make minor course corrections. As they start to get closer, they may appear to move faster. If given a new vector, they will then appear to shoot off at a new angle. Since they are throttled well back, you might not hear them at all unless they pass very close by. Does this sound anything like what you saw?

Nope. There is a small airport in Waterloo, but I never saw any planes landing there from where I lived. I have seen jets landing from several different angles and it looked nothing like any of those. I'd like to stress that it was moving incredibly fast - way too fast to be a commercial jet correcting a landing approach.

I'm certainly open to prosaic explanations for what I saw, but I'd be more convinced by a scientific explanation for why a small meteorite might appear to stop for a second before bouncing off the atmosphere, than by the suggestion that it was any known aircraft. Some kind of meteor shower on a shallow angle of entry might explain the number of sightings that night, too - some people saw more than one at a time or at different times IIRC, so it wasn't just multiple witnesses to the same event. It seemed like it came down at a fairly deep angle to me, but I imagine it's hard to determine these things from the ground.

When I first got interested in UFO's, after seeing Peter Jennings Special Report: Seeing is Believing, I started asking people if they have ever seen a UFO. I got pretty convincing UFO stories from... I don't know, definately over 1/30 seemed like 1/10 people. The one you described is pretty much the typical, hardly counts if it doesn't do the extreme acceleration bits.

It certainly seemed like extreme acceleration to me - which is to say, it didn't appear to accelerate at all, it just stopped and then started moving again at extreme speed. In what way does that not count as a UFO sighting? Is there a common explanation for such typical accounts?

It seemed like it came down at a fairly deep angle to me, but I imagine it's hard to determine these things from the ground.

Yeah, angles can be hard to judge accurately from just one viewpoint. The way to go is to have several people in different locations filming it at the same time, as was done with the Chelyabinsk meteor a couple of years ago. That allowed the trajectory to be plotted fairly accurately.

For instance, a steep entry angle is not consistent with skipping off the atmosphere. That requires a quite shallow angle.

Michael

In what way does that not count as a UFO sighting?

Oh, it's a UFO alright, unless and until it can be identified. I've had at least one sighting myself that I cannot for the life of me explain. But that merely means that it exceeds my knowledge. I am not proposing that it came from outer space, although I suppose to keep an open mind I must acknowledge that as one unlikely possibility.

Michael

It certainly seemed like extreme acceleration to me - which is to say, it didn't appear to accelerate at all, it just stopped and then started moving again at extreme speed. In what way does that not count as a UFO sighting? Is there a common explanation for such typical accounts?

I meant that your sighting certainly does count in my book. It is the apparently instantaneous large changes in velocity that make them count as "real" UFO sighting instead of a plane or weather balloon or swamp gas, which are typical explanations (In my book... which I'm not writing btw).