Turret Traverse Sound Request

Don Czirr

As said well in Phone Booth:

[the Caller cocks his gun]

The Caller: Now doesn't that just torque your jaws? I love that. You know like in the movies just as the good guy is about to kill the bad guy, he cocks his gun. Now why didn't he have it cocked? Because that sound is scary. It's cool, isn't it?

Would appreciate turret traverse sound in the upcoming game.

Sort of like this:

but 75 years later :)

Anyways ... that's my 1 request as a loyal BFC customer ...

+1 to turret traverse sounds and specific sounds for each side vehicles. I would like to actually have a set of distant sounds for gunfire rather than how they are just quieter. For bigger maps you wouldn't need background sounds of combat in loop it could just be the sound fighting a click away.

+1 on the comments above.

I wonder how much effort this would take on the BFC side?

Importing the sound bits seems easy enough but synchronizing with the animation might be a bit tough.

Now ... in my perfect world .... we also get the option to hear the initiation of the off-map ordinance as if you were directly near the source .... (perhaps by moving the perspective to a specified map edge)

Sort of a kluge? Yes ... but just imagine how immersive it could be ... (especially in RT to hear the full fury of massed Katyushas firing off before your Russian hordes rush across the battle field)

Should be a toggle - some folks would only want to hear the sound of the ordinance as it came close, impacted and maimed the intended targets .... To each their own .... ;)